Looking for info on Eagle Express Lines.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 8thnote, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Pat Salmon is one of the few mail contractors that are Union...APWU Union to be exact. Mail Contractors of America (MCA) is also in the same Union. I think Pat Salmon even has some barns that are Teamsters too.

Contracts are different compared to Postal employee's. Benefits I heard for Pat Salmon is about $600 a month for single coverage and about $1000 for family...compared to USPS Postal workers who get about 95% of their healthcare paid for. Obviously different bargaining agreement for Contractors vs Postal workers, but it may be different if it's a Teamster's shop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I've been here about 7 years. With growth comes pain. One huge pain is the number of inexperienced fleet managers they have now. I never, repeat NEVER call night dispatch. Worthless, and all they end up doing is waking your fleet manager. Hell I could have done that. I just make the decision and inform my FM in the morning.
    If you are going to work here, I suggest quickly get a few drivers phone numbers that work the same shift as you.
    If you can learn to ignore the BS and just do your route it gets easier.
    Why do I stay? I work 4 ten hour days and make 60k. If I pick up a 5th day every week its 72k. I do some 4, some 5 . Easy money.

king v Thanks this.
  4. passport220

passport220 Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Des Moines, IA
    I agree with this summation.

I also agree that the DMs seem to be clueless but I have not found it to be much of a problem. As Sevnmph said, we drivers work it out ourselves. I would make a pick up at the post office and hand it off to another driver on a set schedule. 90% + of the time it works out like clockwork, if not, communicate with the other driver. Solve problems on your own, call in to dispatch only so they can make a note of it.

I would talk to the shop(s) directly, get advice when the truck needed to come in, schedule it, then tell my DM after what the plan is.

Anytime I have had to call dispatch, if they are clueless they do at least have a helpful attitude. They may not know how to help, but in my experience, they do try.

Poorly trained DMs would seem to be the death for recommending a company but like Sevenmph, the rest of the job is such cake, it makes dealing with dispatch as only a minor inconvenience, not a big deal.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  5. king v

king v Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Im not sure why all my loads are being texted to me and why they can't include the dates of pickup and delivery. Its all the little thigs.

6. king v

king v Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I wouldn't apply here. Im getting ready to leave. Anytime I have a question I hear "idk" and "let me talk to my team" way more than I should hear it and then Im left to burn up my 14. They never provide all the shipping info and they never provide the correct time and there is never a parking option being vetted. They never have any answers. I pull freight on one end and mail on the other and it just isnt working.

easytopleez33 Thanks this.
  7. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    And not one dime of which, will you be compensated for your time.

king v Thanks this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    And now the cameras are coming. I realize that eventually most all trucks will end up with cameras. However, there have developed over the last two to three years more problems with Eagle that in my opinion makes this development reason to start looking around.

9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    You can always switch on over to the MVS side...lol. I'm sure someone with your level of experience at the Postal Service would be HIGHLY sought after. A lot of our drivers are former HCR.

We also have no cameras in our trucks. But then again...we have no license plate or registration either. Come to think of it...some of our trucks have no A/C or radios too...lol.

But if working for USPS is not an option...try looking into Estes. They have regional drivers that are out a week at a time and making REALLY good money from the start. @Daniel55645 was a former Sodrel driver and is working for Estes now.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  10. mailman59

mailman59 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    Beam Bros was a mail hauling company out of the east coast. VA or WV. Eagle express recently acquired all the drivers and equipment from Beam and now call it Eagle Atlantic

11. ogtrucker47

ogtrucker47 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Tennessee
    Hi, drivers, I was just hired today for a new team route Jackson Tn to NJ/NY, says it pays 60 hours. I really have zero ideas what to expect, I'm not a newbie I have over 2 million miles truckin. In the time I applied 4 or 5 days ago the listing on the website changed twice, pay and hours went up from original posting. That seemed very weird but whatever. Route says 4 days on 2 off. Any info how they run reams etc Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.