Looking for info on freymiller

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bdb1994, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bdb1994

bdb1994 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Looking for some more info. I talked to Vicki last week and i learned some stuff from her. Do the trucks have any of that forward collision/lane departure crap? How much of the northeast do you run? What do you think of the company? Would appreciate anything and everything. Thabks ahead

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    @Ssand Man can help you

Ssand Man and bdb1994 Thank this.
  4. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    They are looking into that stuff but as of now, none of the trucks aside from the test trucks have any of that. The trucks have cameras facing both directions but they are stand alone and not third party or company monitored and have no capabilities to be monitored, they just record to an sd card in an event and safety removes the card and reviews the footage when the truck is brought back to the yard after an event. The trucks are peterbilt 579's, Kenworth T-660's and the regional trucks are frieghtliner cascadia evolutions. All trucks are o/o spec'd with apu's, 15 litre engines, 8 (actually nine speeds but they call them 8)speed manual or automatic transmissions. Some of the trucks have inverters and if yours doesn't you can buy you're own and the shop sometimes have them you can buy. They have refrigerators for the trucks in the shop you can buy through payroll deduction payments. All have good sized sleepers with the wider beds and full gauge instrument clusters. The frieghtliner have refrigerators already in them. Also they have about every color of truck made except for green..new York is optional, the rest is forced dispatch and they do run n.e. But not allot. You will spend allot of time in Florida, California, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Chicago. Almost everyone at the terminal is or was a driver or a drivers spouse including the owners and they truly are almost like a family. As long as your doing your part, they will do anything they can too help you.. Oh and I average 3000 + miles a week. They will run you're tail of if you show them your willing. If you want to know anything else just let me know.

Rollr4872, Kwan23, bdb1994 and 4 others Thank this.
  5. bdb1994

bdb1994 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Well lord knows i spend enough time in Chicago. I was just there this morning. Thank you for the info

6. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    We don't spend a ton of time there, but it is one of the more popular destinations.

bdb1994 Thanks this.
  7. bdb1994

bdb1994 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I knew you guys went to that area alot. Everytime i stop at petro in gary there is always a freymiller guy there

8. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    I have a different answer on the N.E. question.
    It depends a lot on where you live,AND, whether or not you can run hard. I'm from NC, I do the MAJORITY of my trucking below I70. A lot of coast to coast runs on I40. I've spent plenty of time in the N.E. It also depends where you empty out, as to where you'll more than likely go next. In time, you'll learn the freight lanes here.
    As for 3,000+ EVERY week?? Pshht. Yeah right.
    You can get 3,000+ SOMETIMES. We have JIT freight,appointment times, and detention that interfere with your weekly miles. BUT, as I've stated many,many times, once you've SHOWN them that you can run, they will run you.
    I'm going to say it, get ready for some hurt feelings.... like most new hires, while they're in the "honeymoon" phase of employment, they have nothing but great things to say. However, have you noticed how they stop posting here?
    Trucking is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT race. Slow and steady. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

9. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    The only safety equipment we have on our trucks, is the DRIVER!
    That's one of the many reasons why I work here. That On guard,lane departure junk is more of a hindrance than a good feature, in my opinion.
    However, the camera DOWNLOADS every day! Mine does it at 0340 CST EVERYDAY! I've seen it, and heard it, many times.
    But...if you're not doing anything wrong, what do I care about a camera?!

Freymiller has "old school" values, and beliefs. They will tell you, when needed, that this IS a trucking company. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  10. bdb1994

bdb1994 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I live in the Youngstown oh area. Vicki did tell me that there was alot of stuff on 40 and she said there wasnt mu ch up in the northeast

11. bdb1994

bdb1994 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I have that crap in my current truck and it is completely useless. Im not worried about the cameras. I have a driver facing camera in my truck currently and its fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.