Looking For Other Fired SRT Drivers

Discussion in 'SRT' started by TRUCKNMOM, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Not sure which other forum but this bring's a draw back and makes me wonder if maybe they aren't such a bad company. I have been offered employment with them and being that I live in Shreveport (bout 70 miles give or take a couple) from there they said they would allow me to take the truck home and pay me .31/mile. .31 seem's a bit low as to the .33-.34 I could get at Marten and I know Marten is a good company. I'm gonna seek more info on these so called "purple people eatter's."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I believe if you drive a company trk. you better go where they send you.
    Unless you are setup for home time and that ld. puts you in the wrong. dir.

You drive their trk. you go where they tell you. Not where you want to go just because you hear the food or weather etc. is good in that part of the country this time of the year.

4. TRUCKNMOM

TRUCKNMOM Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    jennings,la
    It's obvious to me that in ur eagerness to reply to my thread u truly didn't read them. 1st off i never refused a load at SRT and as for the other threads i'm out there to make money and if a company is not giving me what i need as far as miles to provide for my family then i will move on. I never had a problem with SRT b4 cause i made good money there, however when those in the office have a bad day it's the driver that gets it. So stop being so quick to reply if u don't read the whole thread. As for Tango i didn't say 1 thing about them they r a good company and that's that J.B Hunt is another story i'm not the 1st to fall n2 that lease purchase program and darn sure won't b the last. So I work far longer than a few weeks and i do my dam job i'm no boot licker and if i'm not being done fairly then i won't stay. That's the problem n the industry we r expected to bust our humps and keep our heads down and b careful to not stir up trouble cause that's it and as long as we allow it that industry won't ever change. They say what they want against us ruining lively hoods and it's wrong. So say what u may i kno every 1 has given me a satisfactory on my DAC and i can careless about what u r another say. So stop trolling threads looking for sumthing to feel included on. I am a dam good driver and a hard worker and there r companies that respect and appreciate such drivers. Trust me bashing those companies r the least of my concern cause just as i found out about them so will others we run hard and expected to remain silent and that's all it is trucking isn't easy and neither is it fair cause our careers rest n the hands of others no matter what kind of driver u mayb.So don't question my work ethics cause i kno what i've come up against in my 8 yrs of trucking and no matter how respectful and hard working u are the B/S is there and it's all about b careful of who u hire on with.

5. panfergan

panfergan Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Henderson, NV
    SRT is a sorry ### company with no integrity or respect for drivers. Last year when I was still driving for them, they fired me because I refused to pull an over axle weight load. They didn't have to have a legitimate reason, since they're based in Arkansas and have shop set up in a right-to-work state. I now have a claim with OSHA, but I doubt if I have a prayer since it's my word against Eric Nelson, Darla Tyree and Steve Burke. Warning to anyone who is even thinking about driving for these turds: DON'T! You'll be sorry!

6. celticsong

celticsong Bobtail Member

May 15, 2010
    chattanooga,tennessee
    thank you my husband has a ticket to oreintation tonight there and we cant afford to go under with all these medical bills i have i dont see where it will help any to quit and go there and there is no way i could ever drive that far to get him omg i am so sorry thank you i will tell him

7. tellnol437

tellnol437 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Florida
    You're very confrontational. Do you think that might be why you got fired at SRT? I can see in your posts that you like to confront and argue until blue in face to get your point across by how you repeat the same things over and over, just differently...

I have heard of quite a few people fired here at SRT, but I will say that nearly every one was brought into the Texarkana terminal and fired. They were all offered assistance in getting a bus trip home and have it taken from last paycheck. Those dumped at truckstops were due to drugs, refusing loads and refusing to go to Texarkana, disqualified from driving for whatever reason, etc. There was always a reason, not just because. So it still doesn't add up...

And to celticsong, if you have high medical bills, don't work here. You will not make enogh to pay them off. Trust me, I am here now and know from experience that the pay is miserable! I'm looking for a way out, but afreaid of getting dinged for having a short time here. trying to get 7 or 8 months, but starting to look like I won't make it to that... I just don't want my new potential places look at my DAC and think I'm a job hopper because I stayed only a couple of months...

celticsong Thanks this.
  8. TRUCKNMOM

TRUCKNMOM Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    jennings,la
    Well I'm free 2 speak and since this is my thread and I'm speakn about what's happen 2 me I'm more able 2 get however I pls. Ecspecially when the person commentn chose 2 speak b4 he obviously read the whole thing. If u don't like how I choose 2 comment on here then pls move on 2 the next thread. O kno what my service record was at srt. I kno there couldve been a better way 4 them 2 handle things. So stop being a typical trucker always lookn 2 put ur 2 cents n. While u whining bout miles obviously u not doing sumthing cause if u read my thread that was neva an issue 4 me so handle ur problems b4 u attempt 2 comment on anothers.

celticsong Thanks this.
  9. celticsong

celticsong Bobtail Member

May 15, 2010
    chattanooga,tennessee
    thanks for letting me know about srt. you are not the only one that has said dont go there he chose not too. i am sorry you were put out like that so far from home. i agree there should have been a better way to treat you . this is so wrong

10. dieselgator

dieselgator Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Sebastian Florida
    Well let it be known, that I worked for srt in 2006-2007 I got diagnosed with cancer and had to have 2 surgeries I faxed them a copy of the doctors medical release stating my medical condition and they terminated me on the spot ILLEGAL under federal law. Then after treatment surgeries and grueling medical problems I finally was able to go back to work I called them up, yeh I know I shouldnt of! and went back to work for them 4 weeks ago June 14th 2010. Since they have kept every dime ive earned and claim i owe them for a sign on bonus! they claim I quit back in 2007 not the case and I have everything in writing signed by their safety director at the time. So now I get to hire a attorney and suit them and try to recover the money they rightfuly owe me. Id be happy to email anyone the copy of the documents and share my expierience with them. SRT has lied cheated and out right stole from me and they will pay for it eventually even if I by can only prevent a few good drivers from making the same mistake I did. By the way i took a sherriffs deputy with me when I turned their truck in so If they dac me Ill suit them for that as well the rotten thieving lyeing ########

11. tellnol437

tellnol437 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Florida
    I owe lots of apologies to Trucknmom! So here it is.

I am sorry. :(

I experienced some of what you said here and was terminated. I was told to clean my truck off on the Orlando Covenant/SRT yard and now they are telling me I owe them for a truck recovery. I was ordered by the operations manager to take my items off the truck and turn my keys in to the terminal manager. Why, for I begged to get home to get to my wife who was in the hospital. I was in Northa Carolina when I heard my wife was sent to the hospital.

I begged to get a load south and was sent to Georgia. They were going to send me New Jersey and repower in North carolina to head to Florida. There was a driver who was in Atlanta parked next to me that was offering his Florida load to me. They would not switch us. I refused to take the load north and said I will take the load next to me. Finally, after 2 hours of complaining, I was given the Florida load and told to drop it in Orlando at the yard. I did, and went straight to the hospital, via taxi cab, to see my wife. I called my diapatcher the next day and was told I needed to speak to his boss. I was transfered and got a voicemail. He called me back and told me for the refusal of the load, I am to clean out my truck. I explained the situation and he satated I know the policy that I am to refuse no loads no materr what for the company is "forced dispatched" and therefore, should have taken the load north as instructed. So I cleaned out my truck and got a notice from the terminal manager of the paperwork turned in. On the form, it says "driver terminated" on it. I applied as several other outfits and kept getting turned down and no one told me why. I got my DAC report in this week and it stated that I abandoned my truck with SRT.

Needless to say, I am fighting it as well as the money they say I owe. Per SRT, if I pay the $2700 owed for them recovering the truck, they will remove the abandonment. I asked for it in writing and they refuse to give it to me. I guess they won;t do this for the legality of me being able to sue them if they do. Anyway, I now have a huge bad taste in my mouth and now looking at getting out of this industry all together. It has gotten really bad over the years and all I read is just hatred, dis-like, and just basically a lot of bad info on nearly every company out there, small or large. I mean the industry has gotten so bad that there are no documantaries being made about how drivers are getting screwed left and right, all for a few dollars...

So I do apologize to Trucknmom and eat all my words that I posted before. I admit that I was wrong.

To all those others that are still driving out there, good luck to all of you! It is hard out there and it just isn't getting any better. In fact, it is getting worse. It just isn't worth it to do that type of work anymore.

Now I'm off to school to learn something else and maybe for the first time in 12 years, I can actually have a real life, even though it will never make up all the lost time from the past...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.