Looking for recommendations.....

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Commuter69, May 14, 2021.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014

You are entitled to an opinion not based on facts.

Mine is based on the following facts:

Before another driver recommended the app to me; my math, even with a calculator, has been off by as much as 400 pounds on either axle group; certainly enough to be illegally out of balance and has required as many as 9 attempts to correct. This has added frustration and cost time ⏲️ and money .

Since starting to use the app, with one exception, I have never had to weigh more than twice, and never off by more than 50 pounds (not enough to actually create a balance issue). The one exception was when this truck was new and we ALL forgot to properly set the 5th wheel. Duh! It only took an hour to realize the problem caused issue.

All I am looking for is something that might be easier to use and ad free?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ll I’m ignorant when it comes to technology. A lot of it is intimidating to me. I’m sure my opinions are skewed by this fact. Sounds like the app has helped you save time. I stand corrected. Good Luck.

4. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I see 2 problems here.
    First off, it is only a general rule that sliding tandems forward by one hole will move 500 lbs (or 250 lbs for trailers with lots of holes) from drives to tandems and vice versa. EVERY load will have a different weight distribution. I've moved as little as 300 lbs with one hole and as much as 900 lbs. The 500 or 250 lb rule is only general. So.....
    Second, sorry, no sympathy from me, learn the math you need! It is only very basic addition and subtraction. It isn't differential or integral calculus.
    Drivers fuss alot about the need for non-english speaking drivers to learn English. Well, learn the math needed to do this job. I understand you don't like it. But, it's the job.

062 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.