Looking for weekend work Atlanta GA

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by justwanttotruck, Jun 9, 2024.

1. justwanttotruck

justwanttotruck Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2023
    Hi, I'm a Class A driver. I have been driving without any accidents since October of last year. I am in severe debt and need to pick up a second job. I normally work two jobs to support myself and my son, but since getting my CDL, I have only been doing one job. I now work for a good company where I am home daily or every other weekday morning, and we pretty much choose when we would like to be ready for a load. I am looking for something long-term if possible. I can run a load for you, picking it up on Fridays and delivering it by Saturday. I am also open to being a bus driver or any other position if anyone knows of any job openings. Perhaps yard jockeys or a similar role where I can earn extra money would be suitable. I need to find a place to live, but my debt is currently high due to my job change.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TX2Day Thanks this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Please understand the HOS apply to ANY work/job, not just CDL driving. Legally, a CDL driver subject to DOT hours of service regulations must count all time spent doing compensated work toward their 60 hour or 70 hour per 7 or 8 day period. Even if your second job is calling people on the phone or anything else it counts against your HOS limit.

Some drivers hide that second job from their primary employer & DOT. If someone involves you in a crash & lawsuit the lawyers will probably find out if you have an unreported 2nd job. It's not illegal unless you fail to get enough time-off from both jobs or don't get 10 hours rest before CDL driving.

Grumppy and TX2Day Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is your son in school?
    If not you may consider an OTR job and take him with you. Many drivers do this and live in the truck.

TX2Day Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have endorsements?

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Lazer Logistics might be an option for weekend work. Pretty laid back, they work 12 hour shifts, so you could do 24 over the weekend.
    But, like someone else said, you have to mind your HOS.

8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Donating plasma is an easy way to make money without worrying about the HOS issue. In my area they are paying $100 per week.

77fib77 and tscottme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.