Looking into KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by fordlady40, Dec 19, 2006.

1. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    *Raises her eyebrow*

Horizontally?
    Or vertically?

Declare your intentions vagabond... :biggrin_2554:

Alas, the opportunity has passed. I'm going O/O on January 5th.

Will you be requiring a tissue sir? :biggrin_2553:

RT69

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tjdooley7

tjdooley7 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Raleigh,NC
    I do't think they go to Ma. Hire anywhere, as long as you have a clean record.

4. tjdooley7

tjdooley7 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Raleigh,NC
    Roadtoad, why owner program?

Also Roadtoad, Vertically, even thr I find y good looking. I'm out 6 months because I had roto cup surgery on my shoulder in Aug.08. The 5th wheel pin tore my shoulder up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  5. heysteveh

heysteveh Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2008
    AZ
    I will be in Jackson for orientation on Jan. 12th. Guess I will just miss a few of you. I have been lurking on this board for awhile and appreciate all who have posted. It has helped me in choosing a company as I am a student driver. Anybody have any advice for me starting out at KLLM?

6. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    LOL! Then your intentions are honorable....

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery!

I believe I'll come out better as an O/O. Since I have a farm I'll not only have the O/O deductions for my taxes but also farm deductions which should come out good on my taxes meaning I won't have to set aside as much as most people out of my net settlements each week. I also like being the boss...LOL!

RT

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  7. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Just enjoy yourself.
    Also, if you need to go to Wal-Mart or something, don't be afraid to speak up. And you are not restricted to going back to the hotel right after orientation ends for the day...you can hang out at the yard and get someone to take you back to the hotel later in the van.
    Taco Bell and Mexican restaurant right by the hotel, other places are nearby but if you want something better then hang out at the yard until dinner when drivers start hunting food...we go for the good stuff (a.k.a. not fast food).

RT

Baack and heysteveh Thank this.
  8. heysteveh

Nov 6, 2008
    AZ
    Thanks for the inside info. RT. Hope O/O goes well for you. I have that in the back of my mind for the future, but right now I just want to get the first year under my belt and learn the ropes:biggrin_25525:. I would be interested in hearing your O/O experiences if you have the time or inclination to post them.

9. heysteveh

Nov 6, 2008
    AZ
    BTW... I will be flying from Detroit to Jackson on Jan. 11th. Inspite of airlines raising their prices there are still deals out there to be had. My bus ticket from Detroit would have cost $130 but I found a flight instead for $105 including all taxes and fees :biggrin_25519:. So in my case its actually cheaper to fly and I know they will reimburse me the cost since it is less then the bus ticket:biggrin_25519:!!

10. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Oh, another bit of advice....

PRACTICE YOUR NAVIGATION SKILLS!!!
    Think I'm kidding? Here is a sample.

[​IMG]

This is an actual intersection in Concord, NC. Found the photo on failblog but I have actually seen this booger in person. Flippin' confoosin' to say the least! There are many more out there that come close to being this confusing but this one is my lead pick at the moment.

RT
    (I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque....)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2008
    leannamarie, Lilbit and HwyPilot Thank this.
  11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    That's not 'Fail' according to my 14 & 17 year olds, that EPIC, EPIC, EPIC FAIL!:yes2557:

And just where is Bugs Bunny when ya need him?:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.