Looking to Buy/Lease a truck? Stay AWAY FROM WHOLESALE TRUCK AND FINANCE!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nt33197, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Robertsauter

Robertsauter Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Dave

My name is robert sauter also know as preacher, i have a truck from your company, i too had some issuses when i bought it i was told it had chrome stacks but was not sent any pics of the truck untill i was already on my way to pick it up in Atlanta, from a new source you were using when i arived i found the truck in fair condition vut no stacks also there were a few.issues there was no def gauge was told it was when you turned on truck but thwre was a hole in dash where it was to be found tires were not virgin but told they were was told that it had new dpf and doc filters
    And told it had a full pm. There was a bolt in one of the drive tires they fixed that ,but not the def gauge. I should have done a better inspection but could not afford to stay anymore had to get moving. So i left.for ohio half way up i start hearing air leaks when i stopped . Upon arrival in ohio 469 miles away. And shut down the ne t day the truck was out of air and when i started it i got regen errors and it would not do a parked regen, i managed to get to a pete.dealer and they had to do a forced regen, you company took care of most but did not get.the mirror fixed [ motor was bad] or the dwf gauge they would have to order.them. they told me they thought the dpf and doc filters were bad so they did not check them , they found a couple more.issuses and your company took care of them except the fters and the fact the truck ran a little hot. As time went on i had to pay for forced regwns about once a week and fuel mileage never got.above 6 mpg even bobtail. Afte.about 4 months i got to a pete dealer.in bosie who i knew and they fould that.the. dpf and.doc filters where never replace.or. even cleaned and that they were infact bad and need to be replaced. Warranty sid cover that and my fuell milage has gone up. I have since replacs the fan and fan clutch. Thernostat and had radiators flused and blown out ,but still have a heat problem and no one aeams to be able to solve it i have had the turvo actuator replaced the the turbo along with doser unit and heaters . I love the truck but frustrated over the heat issue. And warranty is about to run out soon i am going to take to shop.and have water.pump test and compression test done , oil pressure is low when it gets under a.load lany thing over 30000 pounds includimg.trailer . I wanted ti know if i can get another 250000 mile warranty and the maintenance program , lor what my pay off is so i can either sell the truck or continue to get the heat.problem solved oh almost.forgot. i was also told the cheap 5th wheel needa to be replaced it.was wore.out from the start Nd there is no way to ajust. Other then that i am happy with wtf and would recommend you and would buy again .....
    Robert sauter also known as Preacher

2. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    ^^^so you bought it sight unseen?

Sorry but that is never, ever a good idea.

FlaSwampRat and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  3. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Robert........Dave has NOT been back to this thread since 2011. Good luck.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Tama Mai Hawaii Nei

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    They won't let you see the truck first. They require you send a down payment do all paperwork before even being able to see the truck.

5. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    So that would be a hard NO to do business with them period. If you choose to purchase a truck sight unseen.......... maybe being an O/O isn't the business for you.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Reason for edit: Site sight derp!
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    So don't do business with them. Simple. Tons of trucks on the market.

TripleSix and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  7. Tama Mai Hawaii Nei

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV

8. RomanT660

RomanT660 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Wtf leasing is rather strict. How ever . In my case when I was making contract with them back in 2017 . ... i am still holding my contract. I know that I am paying 94000 for a truck that originally was priced at 55000... sadly at time there was no other option for me. None of the negative things that I’m seeing here had happened. In fact . When my drives started blowing 2 a day. And after little bit of calling back and forth. Wtf has gotten me a new set of 8 bf goodrich tires . 220000 miles later they are still with me. Truck runs. And no it’s not a miracle. That I’ve got lucky or anything. I used to be a mechanic. For a few years prior . It has been hard going with a repairs . Little thing I would fix my self and major ones go to the professional. But really it’s all possible and affordable if you are making good money. I happened to make enough. To keep my T660 running. Feed my family. Pay bills. And have good life style. Yes I am going to pay 2x value on the truck. How ever in my case at least. It all worked out. Let me give ya all example. I could buy new 55000 $ truck every year. Pay my lease for current one. Pay my taxes . And have enough to support my self and my little family. It’s all possible to do. How ever I did make a few bad finance choices in my youth. So I’m paying them off first. Maybe most of you have a problem not with this leasing company but rather with job you have . If you don’t believe me . It’s your choice. How ever. Keep in mind . Grass might actually be greener on the other side. If interested check out ForwardAir. Because if any of you have experience you should know that per mile value . Is only fraction of what you actually make money on. If you combine a lot of good conditions together. You might just get some good income. Removed referral bonus solicitation If not I don’t care. Thing is . I tried to help ya . I’ll feel good about it . Heck maybe one of you will join. And buy me a beer . I’d be happy with that too. Point is. Just like most of you. I’m a simple driver . Who makes simple living and more. I have no point of lying to you. This job is sweet. Easy. Good pay. If you wish and just happen to live in right place like me. You can be home every day. Like really. Yeah dudes really. Imagine Working 4 days a week . Making 3000$ pay check ( after fuel and business exp) yeah . I know it’s not much. Some of you make more. But do you go home every night to your kids and family? I do. Otherwise my wife would leave me . But shoot me few times before that. And ForwardAir cool With my crazy demands . They work around my schedule not theirs . And hey they might ask you to deliver something on your day off . I agree with no regrets. Bonus will be waiting for me next paycheck . No questions asked . How ever If you like to travel country. Join LTL ForwardAir. They will burn your 70hr clock like nothing. And they will make sure you will. Like really make sure . You will be busy . You would do only drop and hooks . You will drive every minute of your clock. (Unless you’re stuck in traffic) what do you get for that much work? 4 to 5.5 k a week . After expenses. Nope I’m not seasoned driver or anything. Nope it’s not a miracle job. (But pretty dain close) you can make more working for someone else. Yet I bet you’ll have less headache doing it on this side of the road . And then you might worry less about leasing company that screw you over. ( they did ) at least they didn’t lie about it unlike some big carriers ...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019
    Reason for edit: Removed referral solicitation
  9. Dwayne12

Dwayne12 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2019
    My name dwayne howell I purchased a 2011 kw 700 my truck had 300,000 miles I’m happy to say my truck paid off and I have the tittle truck still have life in it...

Super-Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.