Looking to eventually go into Crude Hauling

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by sanjoel23, Feb 7, 2019.

1. sanjoel23

sanjoel23 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2017
    I'm currently an O/O hauling sand(1year) but the work just isn't consistent. Most crude companies require you to have your own trailer. I was wondering does anyone have any links or info on what type of wet kits work well for the operation? Looking for a company that provides trailers. I have all the endorsements, no experience hauling crude or the operation, but I have plenty of oilfield experience working frac for 7 years, so it really shouldn't be hard for me to pick up. I just might drive for someone else for the meantime to get my feet wet, but eventually want to get in with all of my own equipment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    As a start look at Dupree they offer trailers and I've been told will install the Wet Kit. They could probably tell you exactly what you need but most shops could install for you as well.

Skyline in Von Ormy, TX has been leasing trailers to the O/Os, I think they well help you install a wet kit as they have a shop. I used to work there but didn't know much about the O/O side of things.

Dupree did offer trailers for free, but you need all your own insurance for the truck last I looked into them. Skyline charges rent
    You could also lease or buy your own trailer.

Now with all that said most companies require experience to lease on, and most company driver positions require 6 months tanker . Not saying it's not possible just saying .

sanjoel23 Thanks this.
  4. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Location is helpful. It seems like Texas only has that you need your own trailer standard .

sanjoel23 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.