Looking to go back OTR

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Meta, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meta

Meta Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Non-negotiables:
    -Must be a manual transmission, I know 8 and 10 and more than willing to learn 13, 15, or 18
    -Solo no teams no slipseat
    -No Mexico
    -67mph minimum
    -W2s only no 1099
    -NO FREIGHTLINER CASCADIAS NO EXCEPTION
    -Don't micro manage

Alright now that we've got that out of the way, Ive got 6 months of OTR and about a year and a half of dedicated/regional experience. All of that was with Celadon based out of Indiana. Mostly did dryvan but I am no stranger to reefer loads. Would like to stay north but willing to go anywhere except California, I will go if needed, just not very happy about it. Never done Canada but willing. Wanting to stay out 3-5 week at a time, I'm am located in Chicago license is still indiana though because of last job; all home time will be request for Chicago so don't worry about that. 23 years old, non smoker, not a drinker, and no violations. Anything your mechanics are willing to teach me to do I am willing to do on the road, could be as small as a fuel filter change to swapping out bad injectors, keep in mind that I have no actual diesel mechanic experience but am more than willing to learn. About 230k miles driven total. Dedicated route was for Caterpillar, never dropped the trailer, never empty, and almost always loaded to max weight. Had to strapand unstrap it all; engines, buckets, transsmisions and axles (see pictures below), they loaded and unloaded. The only reason I have these pictures is I had to update CAT on certain items and we just found it easier to send a picture with breif explanation ex. C-32 engine going to indianapolis. Mostly stayed in the southern half of Indiana but occasionally went to Ohio and Kentucky. Being an important client to the company they open my fuel card to be able to fuel wherever I saw more convenient, 9/10 it was loves and got avg mpg of 7.9 on an isx 15 in a 2016 prostar sleeper 10 speed.

Not requirement but a big plus if you have any of the following:
    -double bunk sleepers (I like to use the bottom for easy access storage)
    -CAT engines (NON-ACERT)
    -ELD exempt trucks (this does not mean I will drive past the legal bounds I just find paper logs take less time and there is no chance of them "going out" like an eld)
    -Assigned trailer (I stay always attached to the same trailer)
    -Love's is the primary fuel source
    -Pet allowed (sun conure)
    -No idle shut off (my last truck had a tendency to shut off at red lights even though the brakes were released)
    -Small company sub 500 drivers
    -No cap on banking time off
    - IMG_20181025_202158_573.jpg DSC_0099.JPG DSC_0173.JPG DSC_0031.JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What you’re looking for here may be a bit tough to find.

The best jobs are those not advertised.

4. Meta

Meta Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Any ideas how I world go about finding them?

5. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    craigslist

Rocks Thanks this.
  7. Meta

Meta Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Thanks mostly 1099 or in some really sketchy places I haven't seen anything great there yet.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe Flat Creek Transportation. Think they have fast trucks because some drivers were complaining that they were doing 70 or 75 running across I-10 in Texas and Flat Creek trucks were passing them. I don't know if it's true or not.
    Flat Creek Transportation

Rocks Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Geez bro, you have some tough requirements, especially if when you're the one going to someone else for a job. It is a little laughable

10. Meta

Meta Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    These are my only real requirements everything else is a 'nice to have' kind of deal.
    Must be a manual transmission, I know 8 and 10 and more than willing to learn 13, 15, or 18
    -Solo no teams no slipseat
    -No Mexico
    -67mph minimum
    -W2s only no 1099
    -NO FREIGHTLINER CASCADIAS NO EXCEPTION
    -Don't micro manage

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    MC VanKampen has fancy trucks and governed at 75 mph.
    No northeast runs either.
    MC Van kampen Trucking
    www.mcvankampen.com
    Welcome to M.C. VanKampen Trucking. M.C. VanKampen maintains a World Class fleet of over 145 tractors and 200 trailers. Our tractors are late model late model Kenworths, Peterbilts, and Freightlinerswith an average age of just over 2 years.

BlueThunderr and Meta Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.