Looking to hire on with Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Newtrucker bak, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Newtrucker bak

Newtrucker bak Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    Hi all I'm new to this site and am hoping to get hired on at Gordon any and all advice about their hiring process is welcome

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Newtrucker bak

Newtrucker bak Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    I already filled out an app but it is taking them longer to get back to me than they said is this normal

4. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Check out a thread call my new adventures with Gordon trucking by Joseph1135 really insightful thread and he will answer any questions you have.

Newtrucker bak Thanks this.
  5. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm new with Gordon myself. Been with them a whopping 2 weeks! From the time I submitted my online app, till I was on Greyhound headed to orientation, was around 2 weeks. They do a cursory review of past employment, and a more thorough review of your driving record. (I had to supply a printed copy of record from CA sent to them via fax) Not much else to tell really...just be truthful on your app, and ask your recruiter any and all questions that come to mind. They will complete the app process as well as physical/drug screen at orientation.

As I've said I've been with them just a few weeks on the road so far, and everything has been great. All the people I've encountered so far with Gordon have been beyond helpful.

Good luck.

tow614 and Newtrucker bak Thank this.
  6. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    gordon is the worst. You'll be driving from portland to washington all the time. i lasted 4 months . and dominck in corporate is a jerkoff. you've been warned..

7. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    gordon is the worst. You'll be driving from portland to washington all the time. i lasted 4 months . and dominck in corporate is a jerkoff. you've been warned..

Octrucker, can you give us some examples of why they suck and why Dominck is what you say he is. You don't say where you are from. Home time a problem? If you drive on I-5, you will see a Gordon trucks all day long.

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Never take advice from people who could not make it. A wise man once told me"only take advice from succesful people". If you want to know what a company is like then ask those who are succeding there. You dont take financial advice from a poor man do you.

9. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Now, now, Officer tow. What makes you think Octrucker couldn't make it at Gordon? You're pulling that ticket book out without probable cause!! Why, it may just be that Gordon failed Octrucker and I'd be more inclined to believe that. Probably seated him in a dirty truck, gave him lots of peewee runs, peewee paychecks, wouldn't let him drive over 65 mph, his QualComm went off every time he stopped and first thing in the morning when he turned his key on. What Octrucker can count on is abuse from some folks here who think criticism of Gordon is like criticism of Mama's cooking.

Which was supposed to be venison tonight... not to be, not to be.

10. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    The OP, bak, needs to take his hometime in ID. How much problem is that?

11. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    My truck was filthy right out of orientation. My dispatcher was a newbie . Plus all the tiny runs Portland to Washington. I did two years at Swift and trust me I would choose swift ny day over Gordon. sorry tow I didnt mean to get your panties in a bunch.

Newtrucker bak Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.