Looking to Start Fresh

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by funswirl2000, Jul 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    It's remarkable that 5 companies have already given you a chance with no history of longevity. It's expensive to hire drivers. Each of those companies lost money on you.

I disagree that you Deserve another chance. You've established a track record of failure.

Your willingness to lie to attempt to get another Chance is not good.

You lack at least one of the following:

1) Natural Commercial Driving Skills, (not everyone has them).
    2) Discipline
    3) Commitment
    4) Proper Training

All Four of these are necessary to be a productive and reliable Commercial Company Driver.

Frankly, your title is correct. You do need to start from scratch. At best, you should be attending a Driving School to get properly trained. IF you can pass an honest self evaluation of yourself even being a fit for this industry.

Either fund your own training or go with a company sponsored training company where you are obligated to get the proper training and stay a while.

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. funswirl2000

funswirl2000 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2022
    I think your wrong, because you don’t know what I’ve been through. Anyway I’m going to remove my post because it’s not helpful to those like you who have better driving skills. I am still new and need another chance to drive.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably do ok with a team company. Team with another woman that's an experienced driver.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Hold up there. 5 different companies. I am the last person to say that if it doesn't work out for a person at a company, then it had to be the person's fault. But, 5 different companies. This is a serious business because the lives of the general public are at stake. There is a reason why the federal government demands that trucking companies verify past employment going back 3 years. 5 different companies. That is a strong indication that this line of work might not be for you. One or two past companies, I could agree it's possibly a bad fit, bad luck with a trainer, etc. If you have had 5 different companies that weren't a good fit, then the logical conclusion is that there may not be a trucking job out there that fits you. There is nothing wrong with you, if you and trucking are not a good match.

I am not telling you that you are not capable of being a good driver. At the same time, you may not have a personality that is suited for being taught something brand new in a high stress environment. Those of us who have been able to succeed and thrive in this business are a rare breed.

If you are to have any chance at all in continuing as a truck driver, you most definitely can't act like those previous driving positions didn't happen.

All the best to you.

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Why don't you give some thought to making another career choice? Not everyone is cut out to be a truck driver and five employers seem to agree on that. If your application came across my desk I'd round file it just on the basis of work history. I don't mean to be harsh but most people who do the hiring will do that exact same thing.
    Talk to your state employment office about training opportunities in other fields. There are a lot of good programs for people entering the work force and they can hook you up.

edungtran and xlsdraw Thank this.
  7. funswirl2000

Jul 3, 2022
    Yo I see what your getting at. And thank you for being nice about it, but I am not willing to give up just yet. I KNOW I still have a chance in the field. And Am going to totally ignore this other freakin guy who claims I don’t deserve another chance in the field. I am a pretty good driver, thank you.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  11. funswirl2000

Jul 3, 2022
    Sure xlsdraw. I don’t think your lousy opinion really counts. And you have NO right to play God and tell me that I shouldn’t be allowed to drive these big rigs like the rest of ya all drivers out there. I’m sure you have had some near incidents back in your day too, being a new driver and all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.