Looks we just got bought ..

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The things I've seen company "mechanics" do at the places I've been, I don't let company "mechanics" touch my truck, other than for the annual inspection. If a wrench needs turning, I either do it myself or it goes to Mack.

skellr and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Nothing like going back to have something they worked on fixed, something that wasn't broken when it went in. o_O

4. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    The only company shop that I will let do my service is at Columbus. Tyrone runs a good shop and they're pretty quick compared to 6 hours getting it done at Edwardsville or Lancaster. That said, I still prefer a TA/Petro so I can get Rotella instead of the garbage Swift uses.

5. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Best place to take a company truck for a B service... West Valley City. They do it right in the incoming inspection lane. I've been thru there in under 45 minutes.

The longest I've had to wait was 36 hours at Lathrop.

One trick I've found for any shop service... Be under dispatch. That makes you FAR less likely to be pushed off to tomorrow.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Excellent advice! Thanks.

7. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    The b service rarely took that long . In and out less then.half a day. Only time it took too long is if they foumd somethimg wrong

8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    One company, they'd hire a "mechanic" who had never turned a wrench in his life. They tell him "bring your own tools" and he shows up with a cheap set of 1/4" and 3/8" drive sockets, wrenches no bigger than 3/4", and a couple screw drivers. Same company, I watched as one of their experienced and allegedly certified "mechanics" was changing motor mounts. He was struggling getting the holes to line up to push the bolt through...so what does he do? He gets a smaller bolt that'll fit in the non-aligned gap.

48Packard Thanks this.
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    ...guess he didn't have that a-dapta-kit....

10. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I just paid $340 for a B service at a TA in Missouri. I needed it done or got in one of those moods where I couldn't get it out of my mind that I needed an oil change "now!!!" lol. I get like that. Anyway when he says $360 I was like hold on isn't there a swift discount or. Something. Then he says $340. I knew there was no wait that day there and just paid it. He gave me some line about how I had two fuel filters and yada yada Dd15 yada yada synthetic oil yada yada. Anyway I wasn't pleased but they had it done in about an hour. After I tipped the mechanic $20 I was in it for $360. That's another thing I'm not allowed to tip the swift mechanic so that saves me a little too.
    I get my b service every 40k miles. Sometimes 45. What're are you guys doing? Mines a rental I'll trade it in for new when the lease is up so I try to do just what the fleet trucks do. I think they're doing 50k be services.

11. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    You know that makes sense for a company driver. Wait till it's close to being on service hold and be under dispatch. The shop never wants to be responsible for creating a t-call

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.