Losing confidence

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ClassB, Nov 2, 2012.

1. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I have much respect for someone who gives it a try and decides it is not for them is honest with themselves about it. It is not for.everybody. Good Luck in your future endeavors.

ClassB Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ClassB

ClassB Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thank you. although I improved 2nd time around, its not what I hoped it would be and would only become a negative thing than something I really want.

KMac Thanks this.
  4. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I totally agree with Gost on this....You will get it...you already said you were getting better.

5. CrabbyOlLady

CrabbyOlLady Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Washington
    Class B,
    You gave it your best shot and it just didn't feel right. Go with your gut and find something else - could be medium or heavy duty equipment is more your style if you still want to get into the fun toys, certification is less stressful and less expensive though you'd be needed just the same.
    Either way you tried and that's a lot more then most people can say nowadays. Good luck and throw me a good wish as well, I know I'm going to need it.

6. ClassB

ClassB Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks for the support. I tried harder at this than in high school. Turns out this wasnt for me and its a shame. But, the show must go on!

Good luck, at least one of us will make it! :D

7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i teach my kids how to drive a clutch as follows

practice in a parking lot, without using the gas, just come up off the clutch until it is caught, then move about 10yds, stop, and do it again and again

the whole "gas pedal clutch pedal" is hard on first timers

you dont need to move a vehicle by pressing the gas (unless on a hill or such)

this way, you get to gauge the actual catching of the clutch and when to let up

8. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    heck, every time I get a new truck I have trouble at first.lol. my old one was broke in,(wore out?). new is tight can't shift for squat until I learn it and I've been out here a while. it may not take me long, but I do admit to having trouble.

CrabbyOlLady Thanks this.
  9. CrabbyOlLady

CrabbyOlLady Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Washington
    *Anything* you drive is going to be like that...at least its what I've found since hopping on a tractor at 8 yrs old and hauling hay. Shift points, worn gears, brakes that barely work or are so tight you barely tap em' and your like a bug on the windshield, it all takes getting used to and should. That 'slow' time you spend getting the feel for a different rig is what keeps you and everyone else alive or at least not scrap metal.

Numb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.