Loss of power and acceleration lag

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by thecubantrucker, Aug 9, 2020.

1. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Did the loss of power, misfire and electrical issues happen immediately after your service? If so I'd look at everything that was touched during the service. Was all the air bled from the fuel system after filter change? Was all the air bled from cooling system after coolant flush? What work was done during the service? A detailed list of all work performed would likely narrow down the possibilities if the issues occurred after the service.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spyro2112

Spyro2112 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2018
    If air in. The system eventually iyt would work itself out and not be a problem

4. thecubantrucker

thecubantrucker Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2019
    no it was way before the service I think for the power might be injector or turbo actuator and for gauges electrical

LameMule Thanks this.
  5. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Yeah, check fuses for the gauges first then look at the harness wherever it passes through firewall or rubs anything. Look for loose connections or abrasions. Did the power loss happen immediately after the new air to air cooler was installed?

6. Trukdrvr

Trukdrvr Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Did you figure out the problem? I have 2009 freightliner columbia detroit 60 series everytime it rains or I drive through a puddle it losses power. Turbo stops working and loud ticking noise. I have to shut it off and on again for it to work properly. I have feeling it's ecm since it's attached bottom left of the engine just above the oil pan and gets wet while driving through water

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.