Lost A Job Through CSA?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by KnuckleBuster, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Geeze, you'd think the accident report and the fact that the other insurance companies paid off would be a clue, eh?

Sorry but dont have a link at this time. Heard about that during an interview on the "Roaddog" with some FMSCA administrators. Will poke around and see if I can find one tho.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    You would think that if another semi blows a steer tire and runs into your semi it would show who was at fault. This happened to my husband. There was a witness and everything. Accident report told the story also but it still went on the husbands csa. My husband actually talk with a person that deals with csa and told him it didn't matter who was at fault that it would be on both of there records. He also told my husband that they just don't have everything worked out. Maybe they should have figured it all out before they started with it!:biggrin_25523:

scottied67 and jbatmick Thank this.
  4. jinxutoo

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    I found this on another website.

If you are talking about CSA 2010 BASIC points, based on crash data and roadside inspections, these points aren't able to "take your license away," however, the FMCSA can call for a driver intervention and your employer can terminate you because of excessive CSA 2010 points and violations. Theses points go on your employers record also and will stay there for 30 months.
    Drivers with many points will not be a desirable carrier hire either.
    Employers can request a copy of your last 3 and 5 year look back of violations and crash data through the PSP, pre-employment screening process, before they hire you.

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

It is my understanding that violations or points only stay on the driver record for 36 months after which they drop off. I have not heard anything about being able to access driver information beyond that point.

6. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    yes, you can accress your info online at fmcsa web site they charge 10 dollars

7. jinxutoo

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois

Yes that is true. That is how my husband found out the wreck was on his csa.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    The VSW is minimal for a not at fault acident. Points go up with at fault/tickets issued.

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I understand that drivers can access their own information, as can carriers. But, points are not supposed to stay on a drivers record for more than 36 months, 30 months for carriers.

10. prime rib

prime rib Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Blakeslee, PA
    I had a brief suspension (2 weeks) of my CDL in May of 2010 because
    I waited past the allowed 30 days to pay a fine on a logbook violation
    for an incomplete log (I forgot to complete the prior days log).
    I never got a notice in the mail or anything.
    If you don't pay the fine within 30 days it's an automatic suspension
    until the fine is paid and then they restore your CDL.
    Trouble is the brief suspension is still on my MVR and I'm
    wondering if I get points on my CSA score and how many.
    Anybody know??...I'm in PA.

11. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    If it is not on a Inspection report, or cited( as in operating with a license suspended or revoked) as part of an accident no it will not.

It will show up on your MVR.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.