Lost all my bunk power

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by Bluegoldstarcar, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Bluegoldstarcar

Bluegoldstarcar Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Lost all my bunk power today.. Swapped out batteries and everything was working.. Came back and no fridge power apu controls and overhead lights not working.. Checked fuses in dash and its fine.. Is there another fuse for the bunk

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Looks like it might be time to get the candles out buddy

4. Cetane+

Cetane+ Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    What year, different years have the power "boxes" in different places in the sleeper. You really need to learn to give at least the basic info when asking for help.
    Now it sounds like a missed wire by your description. But I dont think the bunk power comes directly from the battery. You need to find the low power cut off box in the bunk and see if theres any power to that. There are fuses/ breakers in there. Then trace back from there. Check to make sure you did not break a wire when you were working on the batteries that you did not know. Or better yet hooked them up wrong.

5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I was just coming here to post something similar about my new to me 13 glider. No bunk lights but fridge switch is working, as is the clock. Pulled apart the sleeper controls as that was there the fuses were in my 2000 star, but nothing. Off to check the low voltage box. Thanks!

ETA: yep 15amp fuse blown, not sure why though

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Cetane+ Thanks this.
  6. Wasted Space

Wasted Space Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2019

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.