Lot Lizards and Other Riff-Raff

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jedi_tev, Oct 18, 2008.

1. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    Brings back too many pictures of the Lizzards thathave knocked on my door over the years and yes I want to up-chuck... No picture needed... Now the best one was one night downin Hammond, La # Petro I was eating breakfast, in the early morning while talking to GF on phone... this swamp woman was trying to pick me up to take me home to her shack in the swamp... My GF asked me why I was grawling? I told her ths woman was trying to pick me up... she Laughed.. I moved down a couple of seats, she slides down still yacking the whole time, I just wanted to eat and then get down the road... I got up and left before I finished my breakfast... to this day I can still see that thing... (shivers runing up my spine and skin is creeping away) justt thinking about it makes me sick...:biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551:

Lilbit Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

LOL its true to i heard every word and him grrrrrrrrrrr into the phone ... i heard him pick up the plate and move 2 or 3 times and she followed him up to LOL said she put him off his bacon and eggs ....in the end he ran back to truck lol moaned about being hungreeeeeee for about 100 miles to LOL and alllllll i laughed ! sad isnt it,

AfterShock Thanks this.
  4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I take it that y'all know each other? :biggrin_25525:

5. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

yeah Aftershock we do..... for 20 yrs ........ lol just a short while .......lol :biggrin_25526:

jedi_tev and AfterShock Thank this.
  6. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Too cool! :yes2557: :biggrin_25525:

7. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    That's just too FLIPPIN' funny. I was at that Ambest t/s in Lincoln, NE last night, w/ mentor. We JUST turned off the engine after parking, and we get a knock. Some guy was asking if we were going to Council Bluff. My mentor just told him no. He walked away. The 45 minutes later after getting some food, making a phone call, and watching some tv, I come out going to the truck and he askes me if I was the Swift driver. I acted insulted and said no, lol. My first expirence with t/s riff raff.

8. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    Yep and it won't be your last... I have found that it is easier to be nice, but not to friendly to get rid of them, than be mean. Less is more...The fewer words spoken to the rif-raf the better off you will be and the less trouble you will have for the most part.

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Just a civil "no thanks, I'm not interested," has seemed to work for me, with the lizards. And a civil "sorry, can't help you," has seemed to work with the beggars.

However there have been several times that I have given beggars food out of my truck. Ones that really seemed to appreciate it. But NEVER money, under any circumstance.

10. arky870

arky870 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    moulton,al
    pick up your put it to your ear roll your window about half way down and start describing her into the phone then say please wait a second and look at the lizard and say be right with you after i give 911 your description they will leave fast.then dial 911 and report them.cops won't do anything but that way you are covered when they knock again and you hit em in the head with the tire knocker.

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT??? :biggrin_2551:

I mean really! I would think you would have more respect for your tire knocker than to treat it that way!:biggrin_25525:

CANGST Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.