Love's

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joey7119, Nov 7, 2022.

1. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    That was the biggest thing I wanted
    I had a pretty good setup in my previous rigs but had to move this to do that thing

My wife would say. I don’t know why you want a big sleeper
    The first trip she came out on with this she goes. Yeah, I get it and then says I can see getting a bigger sleeper

I have a 120” and not having to worry about parking and getting in line for a shower took all the stress off the table

I can fuel at the cheapest place and park anywhere and that’s usually at a much quieter place

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redfish

Redfish Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Do you ever wish you had the 132” or is the 120” big enough when considering being able to maneuver and park?

D.Tibbitt and GYPSY65 Thank this.
  4. GYPSY65

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I don’t have any issue with parking
    Maybe have to do an extra pull up but I also pull a 53’ spread axle so maybe a lot to get moved??

A friend had a 120” built but added like 6” for a bigger bed
    Was maybe $2k more and that would be a plus

I think that extra foot on a 132 would be pretty good an I think with my 287? WB that I could get that with out or very little extra WB added?

D.Tibbitt and Redfish Thank this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    That’s about all I would want, as well. I think, I could probably configure it within an OEM sleeper already available.

For my truck, the three biggest wastes of space are the passenger seat, the unused space where an upper bunk would reside, and the area under the bunk. Being able to take a shower in the truck is a much bigger priority than storage space, since I’m home every weekend.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ive thought about rebuilding the inside of my truck to make It work... I always thought if u could take out the passenger seat and move the bed to fit longways down the passenger side . It would open up all that space behind the driver seat to build a shower and cooking area

7. Redfish

Redfish Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2015
    I was making reference to the parking and maneuverability of a 132” not a 120” such as yours.

8. BillyBobFrank

BillyBobFrank Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2022
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The only thing that truly bugs me at a shower once in awhile is when it has the arctic cold blowing through a vent.

Can cut a few corners and make just about anything work, but flash freezer blowing through the ceiling is a B.

Metalicious, nredfor88 and InTooDeep Thank this.
  10. GYPSY65

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Ive sat and stared at the layout in my previous trucks many times
    Even a bed that went to the ceiling and when it raised up it would have the kitchen area and a shower that would have like a slide
    Imaging like a box a refrigerator would come in but the bottom 1/2 would be a little bigger and the top would slide into it
    So a 3’x3’ square that’s 6’ tall would collapse to a 3x3x3 when the bed came down

Especially on my last two Ultraloft trucks. There a ton of upper space

Based on what I see with come of these guys maybe there’s no market for a shower tho ?

Sirscrapntruckalot and ducnut Thank this.
  11. GYPSY65

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Thats what my head was trying to explain but my words weren’t doing their part
    I have a 287WB and 120”
    I don’t think I would have to add much length to my truck to be able to put a 132” on
    I have more room between the sleeper and trailer bulkhead than a lot of trucks I see running around so I think the same WB would work??

Not a very good view but if any WB was needed I don’t think it would be the full 12”

51D38047-3A10-4080-B825-E5FEA61430DB.jpeg

Sirscrapntruckalot and Redfish Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.