Loving Averitt Great Miles

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I notice complaints on waiting for loads in parking lots etc. Well there seems to be a lot more to these stories. I am running well over 500 miles a day, only a few days I have had mid to high 400 miles. I think it boils down to just getting along with your fleet manager or dispatcher. By getting along I mean take the load given and run with it. That brings trust and solid miles. If I cannot make a delivery date after I plan my load I notify the fleet manager or dispatcher and it's taken care of. They know I plan my routes well and if I say I can't make it they know something else is wrong and fix it by having me drop it at a yard etc. and picking up a new load. The bottom line is that trust brings miles and whinging and complaining bring downtime.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

It's all about learning how to play the game at a high level.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  4. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Sound advice indeed for any driver. Now tell us all about Averitt, tks

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  6. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yes, yet back in my days we had a few drivers who complained all the time. Me, I just took the load they gave me and most of the time everything worked out very good. I think for the complainers it hardly ever worked out to the good.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I think times have gotten worse and more and more drivers tend to complain from what I see and hear!

8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I complain, too, but it's inside my truck while the wheels are turning. It's not profitable to complain any other time.

9. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Well your post heading you wrote that you were loving Averitt, but your message was describing how you roll. So tell us why specifically you like the company in comparison to others? Benefits good? Dispatchers treat you fairly? How do they handle otr breakdowns? etc

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Dispatchers are dispatchers and I learned to tolerate them in all my years as a Trooper. it just all depends on your region etc., just remember they only work nights and have a lot of trucks they are responsible for. So far no breakdowns but if I had a "minor" problem I would roll in and they would fix it after 2 hours at the longest. On the road they have different companies contracted out to come out and if it is major they will accommodate you. Benefits are actually good as it is Cigna. Now I gave up my Blue Cross Blue Shield State to dump my retirement money into an account to draw interest with 2 girls I will have to send to college. BCBS State was great. I see this as a company I will be at for a long time. Compared to to others companies really all I can say is we have a lot of drivers that drove for other companies that ended up here.

EndHatred Thanks this.
  11. Ontheroadagain4ever

Ontheroadagain4ever Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2015

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.