Low bridge warning

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Consciousdrive, May 6, 2020.

1. Consciousdrive

Consciousdrive Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Dollar tree. I just scanned from the highway to the drop and there are no bridges that I could find.
    154 Fairmont Parkway
    Pasadena TX, 77504-2740 US

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Consciousdrive

Apr 28, 2020
    Bridge before 225? Why what's wrong with it?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

In 'ordinary' times (no fake emergency), if I have a legal load going south from Baltimore, i'll just pay for the tunnel. With the traffic and mileage, it's actually cheaper than going all the way around.

Lite bug and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone

Stay on 45 all the way to Edgebrook Dr and take that to your drop off, which I'm guessing is Dollar Tree.

610 bridge isn't anything bad. Just steep and a little ominous the 1st time you see it. But you don't even need to go that way. 45 straight through downtown. I like that spot, you get to see all of DT.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Consciousdrive

Apr 28, 2020
    Hammer brought this up for me, get off the hwy, he k d down to rich st, turn onto shaven st, bam I'm there. Seems too easy.. my truck gps says exit ro highway 610 back to 45 south and exit to the streets from there..

Attached Files:

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is nothing wrong with it. It is just a high bridge over the ship channel and is looks real steep. Well I guess it is a little steep. But nothing to worry about.

MACK E-6 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Id rather pay for fuel. My logic , atleast i know where my money goes for fuel. Dont care to buy the mayor a new mercedes with my toll road money

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    He essentially destroys the tractor.

I don't understand what he was even thinking. I can do a little bit with a 18 wheeler in extreme situations but only if there is pavement and no angle problems between one side drives, axles and differentals versus the other side.

Lite bug and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Buy a McNally Atlas. Start by going to bed examining the area you are in every sleeper berth time. Spend about 10 minutes to memorize a littile bit the immediate area around you. Black lines, shaded lines, dot towns cities, big roads, STAA routes in particular. After you have had enough picture time, read slowly your current state's DOT information in the panel above the listing and maps.

Check gently occasionally for example section C8 might be listed as a 12 foot bridge on route such and such at a town of wherever USA.

Get a red marker and put a small slash across that bridge location when you have identified with it.

Do this regularly. Weeks months a year. A little slow soaking in the beautiful map page of the area you are in. It would help to understand the state parks, counties and so on for where you are going to bed at.

Eventually you will begin to remember in your mind's eye as you repeat a travel over a previously studied work area or route etc.

In time all that will be as familiar to you as your mother's old house and what roads and how far to get there.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Yea that route could put you on some "no trucks allowed" streets. And the only reason they're not allowed is because people don't want big scary semis in their stupid suburb. They do it because of all the container haulers in that area. Those guys are #######es.

Knowing that area, like I said 45 straight down to the road you need to be on.

alds Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.