Low DEF warning with 3/4 tank

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by .honeybadger., Jan 20, 2013.

1. bgmc4x4

bgmc4x4 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I'am in the same boat with 2012 t700 with 336974 turned off the truck came back turned it on lights came out def tank 3/4 full low diesel exhaust fluid on green orange and red engine lights on some one help lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Have you tried filling it?

4. brianw123

brianw123 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2013
    We have had similar issues in a Volvo, sometimes disconnecting the negative cables on the battery for 5 minutes resets it enough to run for a while.

5. Basim

Basim Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2017
    I have same problem any one can help i am in truck stop now

6. Basim

Basim Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2017
    I have same problem anyone can help am in truck stop now. Thanks

7. magellan

magellan Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I had same problem on same truck. The dealership has replaced 2 def hoses and a sensor. Happened to break down right at a KW dealership. But I just left from that dealer thinking everything was good to go. Got to receiver shut down. Bam! Ref light and derate. Of course not so lucky this time. Mine will run fine for 50-70 miles then just all of a sudden just switch to low diesel exhaust fluid. The gauge will go all the way down and start bouncing. It would derate for 10 seconds or so then pick back up like it never missed a beat. It did that a couple of times then just wouldn't leave derate status.

8. Tama Mai Hawaii Nei

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just fixed mine with the low DEF fluid issue. I had all the code deleted and re flashed the software in after-treatment and ECU. Was bringing up codes for the knock sensor and according to Kenworth when any issues arise in the system it throws that low DEF fluid warning.

They hooked it up a scanned everything and put the update in it so far so good

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  9. Misterpreston

Misterpreston Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Going through this right now. I just got a new egr installed today went down 8 miles all of a sudden it shows low def with a full tank.

10. hiter3

hiter3 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2017

11. hiter3

hiter3 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2017
    I had that happen in a PACCAR MX 10. Turned out to be the J1936 WIRE HARNESS. It's the brain stem of ur engine, from ECU TO Computer in engine. Cost to repair was over 4 grand!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.