Low DEF warning with 3/4 tank

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by .honeybadger., Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tama Mai Hawaii Nei

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    How is the newer Paccars? I have a 2010 model and regret the day I bought it but found a really nice 389 with a 500hp 1850 torque Paccar and an automatic I like. I havent jumped because of the Paccar engine. Are more people able to work on them than a few years ago? I found when I had mine only dealers would touch them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. georgejansen

georgejansen Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Halethorpe, MD
    I've been a company driver since starting my career in 1995. Ever since the new epa /Def system went into effect there have been tons of nightmare stories. But I was cautioned to get a Detroit or Cummins engine if I ever took the oo lease route. More shops are available. And thru definetly recommended getting an APU. Side note. My last major Def /DPF issue was April 2020. One of the Pete techs told me dead idling soot build up is the dpf worse enemy. He Recommended any idling time to be done at 900 to 1100 rpms. Since I've been doing that, zero Def soot build up issues in my truck. I usually shut the engine off if I really don't need it on. Hope this helps.

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Thanks this.
  4. Tama Mai Hawaii Nei

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    I understand the idling my C13 has to idle above 800 rpms or the DPF will plug. I looked at Cascadia's but this gonna be my last truck. I would prefer a Cummins but not in my price range. These Paccars still got me nervous after the last one I owned.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.