Low driver's seat?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Flyingdriver, Jan 17, 2021.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You are much more likely to be cast in a "country" music video if your seat is on the floor and your shifter is 7 feet tall. I can't think of another reason.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Well if you're moving your buddies truck, he won't mind if you raise his seat to the highest position and then all the way back, so you can drive 3 feet, I'm sure ! While at it, change the radio station to something of your liking (for the 10 seconds you're in the driver's seat). This is a joke, don't take me serious ! !

4. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    They lower the seat to exit,,save dragging their butt across fabric seat which will cause premature wear and seams letting go

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Agreed, if you have a lot of air in the system the seat will go all the way up once the weight is removed. I had a seat do me that way once and I almost took a fall out of the door.

6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I use no air, that way I can look out the center of the windshield and not bash my head on the ceiling, also having your knees even with your ### helps back pain

ncmickey, D.Tibbitt and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    The seat in my 2019 T680 automatically drops to the floor when you take your weight off of it. Raises back up to pre selected height when you sit back down.

OldeSkool, FerrissWheel and spindrift Thank this.
  8. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Sounds fancy

9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    They have short legs.

When I did drive. The seat was aired enough that my feet were able to rest on the pedals and my heals are on the floor. The very front edge of the seat cushion doesnt dig into my leg. I can rest my arm comfortably on the sill of the door (where the glass retracts into the door). My finger tips can touch the knobs or switches on the dash.

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    So latch the seat from the float. There is a switch on the seat for that.

11. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I have a low base on my seat and it sits literally 3 inches off the floor. All the way back. Can’t see me while I drive. If I need to I can air it up for tight maneuvering.
    I don’t like sitting up like a fish in a fish bowl even with tinted windows. Been driving for almost 32 years like this. Personal preference.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.