Low Miles/bills/running illegal

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LogsRus, Jan 17, 2008.

1. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    No No, you have me ALL WRONG I care if he/she is typing driving down the road because hell I get irritated with these 4 wheelers typing on their cell phones or evern callingme while I am going home.:biggrin_25519:

BRRR IT'S COLD HERE, LOVELY 8 DEGREE
    S

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    lol. yup I'm freezing too. down to the 40's today... Brrr:biggrin_25523:

4. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
  5. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Them examples are for split breaking so you all know. Yeap them are some examples to go by for split breaking. Can you take the test without looking at the answers first?

Not directed to you Lady but all that reads :)>

6. W5IT

W5IT Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Central, LA

Well it is 26 outside where I sit until around 0400 hrs. (B.R. LA)

7. LadyTrucker99

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    Logs--no offense takin--i just was checkin it out since i cant open yours LOL I think i am ok with logs--when i first started out i screwed up enough to learn! LMAO I almost never do the split breakin but just thought i would throw it out there! LOL:biggrin_2559:

8. rex

rex Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Colorado
    I don't believe running legal, making various payments, and still maintaining a middle class lifestyle (50-60 k annually) is even possible in this day and age.

Most guys I know who own their own equipment out here regularly run 800-1000 miles a day. The real skill lies in not leaving any record of it.
    I read a quote in this week's "Trucker" in which some bigwig said he didn't know of anyone who even ran the full 11 hours and I almost laughed out loud. I mean, how out of touch with the real world can you be?

Ma'am, If we obeyed the letter of these stupid HOS laws, we'd go broke. That's simply the reality of life and none of us are gonna change it with three dollar+ fuel. So sure, we cheat like hell...but can you prove it?
    rx

9. LadyTrucker99

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    Personally, i can careless how u run--legal or not--thats totally up to you and how you value your life. I got no problems with you running 15 hours a day as long as you dont crash into me as you fall asleep--cuz then you would have serious problems. I only have to worry bout what i do--if you wanna do something stupid--thats on you but remember thats how innocent people get killed. God forbid you end up killing someone just tryin to make a house payment or truck payment, etc.......:biggrin_25513:

10. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    AMEN! Just think if your running over your Hours of Service and you run into a car full of kids and they all get killed. What do you think the outcome will be?

11. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    No I care about that to! NO DRIVER should be typing and driving :(. I get o my drivers for that to :).
    sO DON'T WORRY I WORRY ABOUT IT ALL :

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.