Lowboy Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Dirty-Low-Walker, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Fontaine does look like a nice lowboy, i heard years ago the owner of Fontaine was involved in Talbert and went out on his own to form Fontaine.

Airborne, noluck, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    There's something wrong with you!

Airborne, Razororange, Bud A. and 6 others Thank this.
  4. johndeere4020

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    The neck adjustment you were referring to on the Talbert is called a ratchet neck, it's pretty slick I would like to have that. Talbert also makes load bearing wheel covers for the rear bogie, they set on the bolsters and flush with the frame rails.

I'll most likely end up with a Talbert again, it'll have the ratchet neck with a flip, a modular bogie and a beam insert. Not sure if the wheel covers are worth the extra weight but maybe.

5. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    I installed a deck on mine a few months after i purchased it, my deck is 2" above the frame.
    i looked at the ones that had a deck installed and noticed that the tires touched the deck when the suspension was dumped so i raised it, i haven't looked at the new ones to see if that changed.
    I use the deck over the wheels in my small multiple machine moves and with muti-tool loaders, thats one of the reasons why i am not looking harder at a drop deck.

6. johndeere4020

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Does the rear of your trailer look like this?

IMG_0135.PNG

7. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
  8. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    BTW..........I like your avatar, most of my equipment was/is Deere, Deere sponsored a trip in 1998 that i went to in Moline Ill and Iowa, i will never forget it, it was great.

snowman_w900, Razororange, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  9. johndeere4020

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    After you said that I was thinking, I think the factory wheel covers set above the main beams like you said yours do. It's been a while since I've seen them but you're right.

10. johndeere4020

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks, it's just a picture from google images and it's actually a 4320 but I liked that picture.

snowman_w900, Razororange, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  11. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Why such dislike for Etynre? I really don't have any experience with them. Of course they are known for their tankers but I do know of one local guy that has a 50 ton lowboy, he loves his.

We currently have a 55 ton Talbert that is a great trailer. Talberts are heavy and I don't really like the neck hookup on ours but you won't find a tougher trailer IMO. Most trailers look like they will break in half if you get anywhere close to the rated capacity. We've loaded our 55 ton Talbert to 60 tons for on-site moves and it doesn't even flinch, I'm sure it could haul more but I don't want to push it.

I'll tell you one of the best lowboys I've ever had was a 35 ton Dynaweld. It was just a well built trailer all around. We actually had a 55 ton Dynaweld ordered when some of the upper management was killed in a plane crash. They kept putting our order off after that happened and they eventually went out of business. That's when we went with the 55 ton Talbert.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.