Lowboy Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Dirty-Low-Walker, Jul 4, 2017.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Peerless yes, the other no. I have not been around many Peerless trls. Only one up close and it had seen It's better days. Driver didn't take proper care of it

johndeere4020 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Never seen either,Peerless builds a nice chip walking floor.

Airborne and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  4. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Yea Ive mostly seen them with logging outfits. Especially the whitlog's as they also build logging trailers up here in Washington. Another one up here Ive seen is Aspen's.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Careful on your postings, some might say your trying to drum up a sale on this thread...

Airborne, snowman_w900, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    Nice looking trailer.
    I like the removable deck over the tires, the chain holes in the outer rails and the design of the gooseneck.
    I don't like the closed area at the end of the gooseneck, you need areas to hang your chains and binders besides the pockets in the inside of the deck, carrying 1/2 inch chains and 5/8 ratchet binders from a headache rack is too much work, they should be where the work is.
    The Boom pocket is too short and that raised beam at the end towards the back looks like it would score a piston on a excavator, Talbert has a clean area all the way to the axle for a reason.
    also every lowboy should have a lock down device for the outrigger boards, if not it is a DOT violation.

7. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dec 17, 2013
    In post 46 i mentioned the boom pocket had a cross beam that might hit the bucket cylinder, on your website they have a Cat 336 on your trailer but if you look close the stick isn't all the way down because the cylinder would hit that beam, keeping it up that high shows in the pic that the boom looks 1' higher then the cab which adds to the traveling height.
    I move 330's often which is a similar excavator to the 336, Cats are known to be able to tuck the stick and boom lower then most excavators, imo that beam changes the height which makes the boom pocket useless.

8. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Kaufmann makes a lowboy also, Sergi on youtube bought one last year I think a 55 ton, he really seems to like his. He's up in Canada below Toronto, Cambridge I think. He's got a video on buying his so you might wanna check out and see what ya think!!

9. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    That might not be who you want to get advice from when considering a significant purchase.

Might be better to stay away from a subject that you may not have direct knowledge of,

However I am just an ahole, so you can always just ignore me

Orangees, DDlighttruck, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.