LTL Companies

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by HiramKingWilliams, Sep 30, 2020.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Health insurance gratis after 10 years (insurance which is well priced and has good coverage in the meanwhile) as well as o/t after 45 at Saia.

Speed_Drums and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    XPOs stance on dock work as well as them recently turning down truck speeds.

HiramKingWilliams Thanks this.
  4. LTLdreamin

LTLdreamin Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2020
    I ended up turning down XPO's offer due to the fact they straight up told me to only expect 35-40 hours. They are really not giving any OT right now in my area.

5. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    UPSF is great once you have some time in but can be pretty tough for new hires. Excellent benefits, pension, most of our trucks are set at 68. Mine goes 72...
    Our large terminals are booming right now, all are or will be hiring.

HiramKingWilliams and McUzi Thank this.
  6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    They seem to operate very similar to FxF, so I gave them a similar ranking. One of the biggest LTLs, no sleeper trucks, all drivers home every day (or every other day if on a laydown run), trucks run 65, mix of new and old trucks, road drivers work the dock on short runs, etc.

7. Ronniev1262

Ronniev1262 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2020
    And to think that Yellow Freight was once the go to company. I had a chance in the early 90's to go there. I chose not to. What could've been or not? Things happen for a reason.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.