LTL P&D vs Linehaul

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by HiramKingWilliams, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Clarimeister

Clarimeister Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2017
    I'd kill for that. He should come do peddle runs in LA... lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I get a kick out of the characters that stay in town and complain constantly. As soon as a good run gets posted they’re always the first ones running from it.

I get tired of hearing it. If you don’t have the stones to change your apparently miserable circumstances, then don’t come #####-ing to me.

4. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    im one of the drivers who is picky about every little light working, and if it's overweight or not. i make sure to in turn runs give the other driver trailers legal weights on the axles and the lights working.

i very rarely have drivers bring me trailers with lights not working or it's over weight.

on turn runs everyone knows it's a bit more important to check those things. i think even our terminal yard jockeys inspect the turn run trailers before they are dispatched to make sure the lights and tires and all that are good. so rarely had issues on turn runs(other normal runs more likely to have lights not working our trailers are really old)

lastly i'm pretty good at fixing all lights(nice benefit to working at an ltl company with really old trailers is that it boosted my skills and practice in quick fixes).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    alds, born&raisedintheusa and McUzi Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    On one of the last few meet runs I did, I met a sleeper team down at the Loves truckstop in Max Meadows VA. On top of being so slow they insisted I run to the far fringes of what my driving hours would allow, (thank God for being log exempt so I could run that on paper) they were even kind enough to bring me a set with a pinhole in one of the dolly service glad hands that looked like somebody tried to fix with scotch tape.

From the looks of it, it was dragged.

I wound up having to swing into the terminal in Roanoke on the way back to grab another dolly.

That is nothing but pure laziness, and is exactly the reason why I have very little respect for linehaul drivers as a general rule. I’m thinking they found the set pre-hooked, and just hooked and booked without checking anything.

“Well gee, I don’t have to cross any scales. That’s HIS problem”. :rolleyes:

6. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    i don't hate on all of linehaul or all of p&d drivers if one or a few did some bad things. i don't think you do either, i think maybe said that by mistake when explaining why you don't like turn runs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    McUzi Thanks this.
  7. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you don’t mind me asking, what outfit are you with?

8. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    He’s not going to say, and for good reason.

9. Lumper Humper

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    But what if he does?

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  10. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    :rolleyes:

Don’t count on it.

11. Lumper Humper

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.