LTL podcast?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i think it's high time there was an LTL/food podcast.............and i nominate Mike 2633 to do it, due to his enthusiasm and knowledge on the subject.

i don't have time to do it myself because it seems like all i have time to do is sit on my butt, listen to music, and other podcasts, sing and eat all night at work..................hmmm...........

localguy65, Mike_77, Mike2633 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Me too!

Mike_77 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    @Russian Rabbit -
    Check out the Slow Burn podcast. The first season was about Watergate and the investigation that brought down Nixon, and the 2nd (current) season in about the investigation that led to the Clinton impeachment. Great stuff if you're into behind-the-scenes political intrigue.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    The other thing i noticed is we should probably be asleep now, if not soon.......

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep. Monday nights can be rough!

7. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Thank you sir I always wanted to have a talk radio show about trucking stuff. I wanted to have guest from the forum on. Like we would have @Longarm , @Bob Dobalina , @Mike_77 and @Cardfan89 and @KillingTime all come on as guests.

I did want to have a show on at night though like an AM radio show where it would be a phone in talk radio show. We would have a part of the show where @speedyk would come in and give us analysis about things. But it would be a show where I would come on monologue for a bit about things, I would talk about things of various interest like hand trucks and load bars and pallet jacks and the new Generation Thermo King President refer trailers so on and so fourth. Or I would read articles of interest out of JOC and go over there charts and things and then open in it up for callers to call in. Like a call in talk radio show.

I've listened to enough talk radio over the year and enough podcasts to where I have some idea of at least where to start with show prep and stuff. See when I listen to the radio I like to listen to how the hosts actually do there job and the real good one's and forget what there saying that's not the point, but the real good one's like Dennis Praiger and those guys they make it look easy, but they know exactly how to broadcast as far as making it entertaining but informative at the same time which can be hard to do and that's the trick with talk radio it has be informative, but entertaining and you have to have that hook that really gets people in and keeps them from changing the channel and that's the hard part.

8. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    A good Pod Cast would be maybe an hour long. Talk radio show that goes everyday a 2 hour show would be long enough, actually if you ever pod cast a 2 hour talk radio show the actual taking content is only about an hour/ hour and a half long because the commercial breaks and stuff.

The hard part of that job is finding content everyday to talk about you might have to do 3-4 hours of preparation to do a 2 hour show. Talk radio or podcasting really is like doing live theater every night. However that doesn't scare me.

Mike_77 and Russian Rabbit Thank this.
  9. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    You're just crazy enough to do it.

10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    GREAT! Let's do it then. i'll PM you asap; i'm very busy though, so things might be sluggish at first.

Just a few general notes:
    1) i feel that a podcast does not have to be done every night. Once a week, or even once a month to start is ok.

2) i, and i'm sure others, have plenty of topic ideas.

Mike_77 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.