LTL roll call

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jakebrake12, Oct 15, 2012.

1. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere

Great places to Work. They always ruin the good jobs.

ACH1130 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    Miami was or is the worst....

I'm at a point now where I just say "fugg it" traffic can wait as long as it takes for me to get it in the dock without bending anything up..

My Orlando run, as I call it, isn't that bad at all most of the stops are fairly easy..

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    @Flip Flops i wouldnt mind doing your run. My grandfather used to do NY metro to Miami all the time. He told me hed go out in Miami since it was usually a day before he was loaded back up. I would do Orlando since I do have friends who live around there and would be able to at least see them from time to time.

Flip Flops and jakebrake12 Thank this.
  5. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    Local for New Century outta westampton, nj. Mostly p&d with relays and shuttles thrown in. Run all off nj with eastern pa and some ny thrown in. We dont do break bulk so no linehaul. We have road drivers for that. :biggrin_25525:

jakebrake12, Marksteven and Flip Flops Thank this.
  6. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    That's the only way to do it man. I always tried to be reasonable but like you said, traffic can wait.

I pulled a flat when I first started driving and I'd always get Marjam Supply drops from Philly up through Stoneham, Mass. Once in a while I'd have to drop at sites in Manhattan and that was brutal. 4 or 5 stops took all day. At least I had a Roll-Tite trailer though.

What types of places are you generally delivering to with that many stops on a reefer - small markets, small distributors, or mom and pops?

7. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    All the above sir !! We were doing Publix down there also but dropped them because of all the BS..

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  8. MilwaukeeTrucker

MilwaukeeTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Fort Worth,TX
    Hello there!

I work for SAIA out of Milwaukee,WI. I run line-haul!

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  9. local driver

local driver Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Keller Transfer Line out of Romulus Mi. mostly peddle runs down in toledo oh area then back to the barn. lots of retail and grocery wharehouses and hospitals using multi temp reefer trailors. Great bennies and home every night after 11 to 14 hour days. No Weekends:biggrin_25525:

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  10. hazmatt9777

hazmatt9777 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Southeastern Freight out of Raleigh NC. Been working there since I was 18, started on the dock, the ran the yard horse, then started driving, been driving about 2 years now.

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  11. cookie71

cookie71 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Sunset Beach, Ca
    SoCal UPS Freight, Line

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.