LTL roll call

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jakebrake12, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tcwestby

tcwestby Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Marysville, WA
    Brown Line, part of the Lynden Transportation family. We do LTL team driving and it is a great company! I have been here for 9 months and love it even though it is the slow time of year I am busy with one OTR run a week then fill in the rest of the week with local work. If you live in northwest Washington check us out we are based in Mt. Vernon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Northern ON, Canada. Lots of LTL flat bed work for me. MIGHT get one full load every week or two. LTL and the amount of drops is where the $$ gets really good for me though. Sometimes a pain in the rear with having to move/take off/put on tarp 3-4-5 times in a day mind you. Got a bunk on truck but usually make it home every night.

road_runner and jakebrake12 Thank this.
  4. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Central Transport end of the line cross over heavy equip operator x-heavy tow guy heavy metal guitar wailing buttkickin tired old back hurts cant sleep in a day cab guy here!!!!

Im happy so far...2 months on job, works been there, checks been there..Tucson to Tonopah Arizona every night, fuel at phoenix terminal, fun easy run...Most guys here run to Texas 5 1/2 hours each way,a mans run!!!..Im waiting on that

Want to buy my own dang truck...the owner op gigs out there in LTL seem really good!!

ANyways, Im just a big ol dumb 44 year old kid...I pull levers, dig holes, move dirt, haul crap, tow stuff...
    I can do this in your world, or the childrens playground...If I can scoop some dirt, or move a big pile of junk, Im happy///
    Nature has me here!!! Not circumstance!!!lol

Holla my dysfunctional bruthas!!!

Big Don Thanks this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Welcome realdesertkickin! Sounds like you put the "FUN" in dysfunctional!:biggrin_2559:

6. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    ABF linehaul out of Kingman Az. I run a layover bid to southern California with Sundays off. Every other week I can drop a drip. I usually drop my Friday run every other week.

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  7. NastyWardog

NastyWardog Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Work for R&L out of the Youngstown, Oh terminal, Run P&D in Pittsburgh.

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  8. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Ouch. I know it's like anything and you figure it out over time but I lived in Pittsburgh for 4 years and still could figure out how to get around it. I could always see where I wanted to be but just couldn't get there. And that was in my pickup.

cc tanker Thanks this.
  9. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I can't say how much I love it. Single screw with 2 24's. I did local with that. Leave one, unload one. Pick the other up, unload 4-5 tons of weights for Play it again sports. No fork lift. I could tear a wall down. :) Long time ago. Wife loved it. No fat truck driver. The rest is not for this forum. :)

10. NastyWardog

NastyWardog Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Youngstown, Ohio
    You do get somewhat use it, but there are good days and bad depending on which side of town your running. We dont run pups like a lot of companies do, all 48's with lift gates for the most part, so south side can be a little trying on a Fri afternoon. But if you can do P&D in Pittsburgh, everything else is a breeze...:biggrin_2556:

11. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I don't get it. You go from Youngstown to Pittsburgh with a load and then do P&D for a few hours and then go back to Ohio??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.