Mack service...wow

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by david123abc, Mar 5, 2015.

1. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

nightmares begin when the warranty runs out. :biggrin_2558: That's the reason you see so many fairly new trucks for sale that are just off WARRANTY

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    good point.

4. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    This makes a lot of sense from Mack's point of view. These trucks are new and will be under warranty for a good while yet, and so anything they can do to keep the repair costs down helps them. I don't think it's a scheme to boost their repair load, because Mack is responsible for a lot of the costs of those repairs. And I'd say it helps Superior as well, because it's easier, cheaper, and faster to get to a shop when you know something is about to break down than it is to pay for a service call and tow.

I've been underwhelmed by my Mack--having never driven one before I was expecting more from such a storied brand--but I was very impressed by Mack on-call service the time my fuel gelled in Montana (I was double-dosed with anti-gel then, too.) It was far and away the best service experience I've ever had. They were professional, helpful and efficient on the phone, and that counted for a lot as I sat stranded in the middle of nowhere watching the temperature drop to -15 with 30mph winds and no heat in the truck. They kept in constant contact with me and the tow trucks arrived exactly when Mack told me they would.

I had to climb the hillside next to where I broke down just to get a feeble phone signal. And there was a wolf den at the top of that hill, with clear signs that it was in current use, but luckily I never saw the wolves.
    View attachment 80125

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Amen to that!!

6. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Touche.

I haven't had the truck long, only have 45k miles on it, but this is the only problem so far that has required a trip to the shop. That's more than I can say for a lot of the Prostars we have.

I have had some issues with the front lower shock bolts loosening up causing the steer axle air bags to deflate, but I'm not sure if the fault lies with mack or Hendrickson on that one. I just started checking them with a wrench about once a week to make sure they are tight, so it isn't really a big deal.

7. TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Who knows, maybe MACK is following the path of some Japanese car manufacturer. I forget who it was, or it may be Mercedes or LExus, but whatever, some high end car company. They would offer unlimited free car washes at their dealerships. Why? Because they didnt want drivers driving dirty cars, so whenever people saw one of those cars it was most often sparkling.

8. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Sooo your saying if we never see a Mack on the side of the road with the hood up, it would make us think they never breakdown? Good point!

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I don't think you are too far off. I'm sure there are college educated people that try and think up things like that, and for the most part, it works.

TheGrimReefer Thanks this.
  10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

It supposedly was a VOLVO idea and MACK adapted it , VOLVOS train of thought was to use it to take the hassles out of repairs ( big complaint with VOLVO customers ) , basic theory of Route the truck to the nearest dealer , ensure parts are there and if not get them sent ASAP to cut the down time

11. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4490462]Hi Numb, I agree. Sounds like the biggest crock I've ever heard. I'm sure someone got a new level on their house for thinking that system up. It probably shuts the truck down if you don't comply.:biggrin_25513:[/QUOTE]
    ^^^Awesome!!!^^^ "comply" ROFL!!!

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.