made it 5 hrs at TMC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Motox806, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    I am posting this mostly out of frustration but also had a few questions from the minds that know. basically I flew to TMC orientation sunday. went to sleep. woke up on time. got dressed. went to the site....got drug test. (passed)...did some other paperwork etc. went to the doctor onsite to get my physical....then after lunch I get called in and they said I did not pass my physical because I had an ACE bandage around my knee. The convo between the doc and I went ab like this. Why do you have an ace bandage around your knee? I had surgery on this knee 5 yrs ago (I told them this upfront also) and I wear it just to make sure it doesn't happen again (acl tear). Doc says ....so you have to wear a brace. I said no sir I can take it off and do whatever you want me to do just fine I just wear it for peace of mind I guess. an hour later they sent me out the door. mind you I am 29 yrs ole, 5' 11, 176 lbs and I run 20-30 miles a week and race motocross. to be quite honest I was probably the most in shape and healthy person there lol. SO...now that I am somewhat getting over this I have a question.......they said I "failed my physical".....is this going to cause me any trouble on my future jobs etc? I am trying very hard to get a solid driving job and I don't want a $3 ACE bandage to ruin it for me. Please any help is appreciated.

dog-c Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickey melon

mickey melon Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Chicago,Il
    yTHATS CRAZY!!

That does not constitute a failed physical........Someone is messing around with you...Must be doctors that TMC hired personally and TMC tells them what and what not to do.

Make sure your plane ticket home is first class courtesy of TMC trsnsportation.

Fuget about them....You can find much better

Grouch and Motox806 Thank this.
  4. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Next time do not wear one. Apply somewhere else. Probably no problem.
    They were just covering themselves, if they hired you knowing you had a problem ( that you possibly lied about ) , and a workers comp claim came up, it would be bad for the doc / TMC. They have no way of knowing how severe your problem is, just the fact you wear a bandage is evidence of a problem.It drew their attention, and they had to respond.
    Don't sweat it. Keep trying.

5. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    man I just feel stupid. I only wore it bc I thought we might be doing like some squats or something. and I almost forgot it, had to take my pants back off to put it on before I left. Do you think its going to show on a report somewhere that I failed a physical? and then I look like I have some medical problems or something?

6. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Don't wear a bandage to a dot physical...Why you would do this is beyond reason. It's right up there with "I only ate six mcdoubles before I took a stress test this morning, I have no idea why they failed me on my blood pressure!"

It's litterally asking for trouble, especially with a company who's freight requires a lot of tugging and hauling of tarps, straps and freight.

thelastrebel, Motox806 and sevenmph Thank this.
  7. mickey melon

Aug 23, 2013
    Chicago,Il
    When you took your physicsl..Did your knees and Legs work? Can you jump up and down? Can you jog in place??

If Yes...You Passed.........

Heck..Im almost 50 years old and I pass with arthritis, back Pain and a hernia

Motox806 Thanks this.
  8. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    Don't give up. My bf didn't pass his initial physical when he went to Boyd Bros. He came home and went to the dr. Once he had documentation from our dr about it (he has diabetes) he went back and been there 3 mths now.

Maybe you could get a statement from a dr stating the bandage is just precautionary before your next company. Where do you live? Others here may be able to give you ideas where to try.

Motox806 Thanks this.
  9. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    I realize this now. I guess I was just thinking that because it doesn't really cause me any trouble that they may would see it as oh hes just being safe here. which is what I was doing just trying to be safer I guess. Is my DAC report f'd?

10. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    yes I am in perfect health. I told them that. I said please don't send me home I will take this off and run back to the hotel just to prove it to you, told them I would duck walk around the parking lot. he said "im not a doctor how do I know what you knee condition is" I said if I can run miles, do squats, and race dirtbikes don't you think its ok? he said pack up and head home.

11. mickey melon

Aug 23, 2013
    Chicago,Il
    With that kind of attitude...Screw TMC then, You obviously deserve better......

Believe me, TMC not hiring you may be a blessing in disguise

There is so much more "Quality" out there to choose from......And as for DAC....You did nothing wrong here...I dont see how that can be affected

kubball Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.