made it 5 hrs at TMC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Motox806, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    The problem is that you have now failed a dot physical and must advise any potential employers.

good luck.. but when I take one I never admit to anything...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    do you think if I told them what happened they would overlook it or is this like just as bad a DUI/DUS/failed drug test?

4. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I disagree with the above posting. You did not fail a DOT physical, you failed a company physical. But I do agree with never telling anyone anything.

If you have access to a long form for a DOT physical nowhere on there is Wearing an Ace Bandage listed as something to be checked or not checked.

Of course sometimes as a well endowed male, they think they are checking my leg when in fact they are not.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

I'm not so sure about that. I've never heard anyone say they were asked if they ever failed a physical

They didn't like his ace bandage..... He passed the dot and failed the company physical ......

6. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013

hahaha I hear ya. man I just don't want it to cause me problems. if you don't want me to work for you fine but don't kill me bc of something like that. I turned down 2 other jobs for tmc. I hope they don't blast me out the water. they always say keep an ace in the hole.....hell the ace got me in it!

7. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan

He may have been able to pass a DOT Physical.. if there was a company component and the driver failed to meet those standards.. then they do not have to continue in the process of hiring said driver.. many places have more restrictive or more in depth requirements than JUST what is contained in the DOT physical.

8. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    I didn't even make it that far. never got a chance to show them I was fine. I offered but it was a done deal. I could easily pass anything they wanted me to do..with or without it. as long as the consensus thinks that my report will be ok Im fine with it. I made a mistake wearing it...I feel they made one losing a good employee. no hard feelings. Im sure they are a good company and I would have loved to drive for them.

9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Maybe so.. but working where I do and seeing what I have seen.. companies have to err on the side of EXTREME caution! They also hold no ill will, you tried, you failed to meet their standards and at least you have a realistic attitude. I wish you well in your endeavors... but don't wear that ace at the next one... :biggrin_2556:

Motox806 Thanks this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sorry you failed your physical,a guy failed the physical for the company ill be driving for today also.This will probably be on your dac but maybe not.You'll find a job only next time leave the bandage off since you can do anything anybody else and do.Then once physical is done put the ace back on.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You should still have a medical card from CDL school. Hope you didn't let TMC keep it. Some companies accept a medical card if there's some time left on it. Paschall Truck Lines accepts a current medical card unless their policy has changed recently. If asked about TMC, say you decided you don't want to be in the military.

wr1, luvtotruck and OPUS 7 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.