made it 5 hrs at TMC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Motox806, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Motox806

Motox806 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    yeah I still my med card. its got almost 2 years left on it..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bishop379

bishop379 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    charleston, wv
    TMC sucks rectum

OPUS 7 and Motox806 Thank this.
  4. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Fyi. This came straight from a lady at HireRight. "If you attend orientation, the company can post to your DAC. It doesn't matter if you ever work for them."

5. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    That statement while being true is a crock of BS that is wrong, DAC has so many issues that I wish DOT and congress would pull their heads out and do away with it and start over. But they won't.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  6. CornbreadRed

CornbreadRed Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Sounds like things haven't changed any since 1991, I got sent home for causally mentioning that I had hemroids!! I was furious,they said I had to get a doctors note saying iy was OK to drive. (on my own dime, of course) I had passed the physical,and drug test but hadn't taken the road test yet. it was a Friday before Easter weekend and there were only 4 out of 15 of us newbs left. the rest had bad DACS or failed the road or drug test. My theory is that they wanted to find a way to get rid of the rest of us so the company boys could have a long weekend. Now that I look back on all this, the company that I was trying out for got bought out by Maverick, same color trucks but the name escapes me at the moment. Can any of you older guys help me out with the name? They were a division of TMC. Terminal was in Columbia SC.

7. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Your being waay too hard on yourself!! Theres only about
    90 gazillion companies looking for a nice fresh back,like yours
    to haul flatbed.
    Don't ever fess up to any of those med questions,unless it truly
    effects your performance.It obviously doesent if your race mx.
    "If" they put that on your DAC,don't own any of it.
    It was a leg warmer,and you forgot to take it off.Whats an Ace bandage?
    Tell the DAC folks,you left,that Dr. was trying to cop a feel, and made you
    uncomfortable,and wanted you to walk on the grass.
    In future orientations, keep head down,and think about everything you sign,and answer too.
    Your just looking to get the hell outta there,and into a truck. or..
    Wear a cowboy hat,and talk about your ol lady alot,and you'll be fine :biggrin_25519: J/K

10speed55 Thanks this.
  8. drag'nfly

drag'nfly Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2010
    NC
    3 physicals ago the company I was working for had me take one and when the whole thing was done and I passed everything with flying colors the doc casually asked me if I snore. Like a freakin idiot I replied laughingly that my wife says so. So then instead of giving me a 2 year cert he gave me a 1 year cert and told me to get a sleep apnea test within like 3 months. I ended up leaving that company before the 3 months were up and passed every physical since then without any problems. No one has asked me about snoring since then and I KNOW that I don't have sleep apnea. I sleep like a baby. Thing is every doc has a different way of doing things, they see a lot of drivers and cya is rule #1.

9. jerseycowboy

jerseycowboy Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Fort Worth
    hahahah thats so funny

10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Probably should have not had the brace on for the physical. Don't give the doctor any extra info or reasons to cause you trouble. Some doctors/companies are a pain.

11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Always remember, whatever you do, YOU CAN BE TOO HONEST. After 51 years in this business and 51 years ago I was a young upright moral person, then I got into trucking:biggrin_25520:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.