Maintaince......

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by craig_sez, Sep 9, 2017.

1. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I took a little cut-off wheel and my dremel tool and roughed my SS shaft up enough that it stopped my slippage. The brace I use on the mirror probably contributes to stopping slippage as well, plus the antenna stands straight up and doesn't flop around! Antenna brace.png

slim6596 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    It would drive me to drink to have 2 visegrips just sittin there..

QuietStorm and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    At least it works. I'd probably spend a small fortune having a fabrication shop build me some Custom Stainless Steel brackets to bolt to the rear of the truck and wrap around the outside of the rear fairings. For a low-budget solution though you can't get too picky when it comes to how it looks.

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    The word fortune is right

6. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Vise-grips are great tools for the slip-seater who has to assemble and disassemble things quick and often.

mike5511 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well looks like a new cascadia for me..When?? Thats the question..so i hopefully will find an ant solution by the time i get it...
    Im thinkin the spring but hard to say..All i can find out is that 10-15 were ordered..

stacks Thanks this.
  8. mike5511

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Those are cheap vise grips. I ground the jaws down so they would slip between the mirror and housing better. You don't have to clamp them too tight to stay put. If I had my own truck, I'd use something else. Heck, if you couldn't drill a hole, some good RTV would probably hold it. It works good for my application.

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    So far buddy thats the idea im leaning twards(fab shop idea)but spending a big hunk of change on a mega bracket is gettin harder to justify with my future purchase plans....

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Yes they do in these low mount position trucks..An old flat top or even condo with taller mount points it wouldnt so easily..
    Still got my 10k's at home and maybe some day for poops n giggles ill try one on my mag mount(when sitting still that is) and even see what happens with a 7ft ss on my pick up...Who knows maybe ill reach mars lol..

11. mike5511

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I don't even notice them. That antenna flopping around was a big distraction though! One little screw and a wing nut would work too. Course you would have to drill a little hole in the mirror housing.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.