Major carriers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lonewolf2000, Nov 14, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll see if I can get a picture of the #### thing next time I run down the petro for a meal...

stayinback Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Now hold up. If Werner will do a rental car up there, go that route. Is the unsaid thing you are saying is you cannot park it where you live? Why in the world would you want to leave your vehicle at the terminal for months at a time?

If wanting a terminal close is important to you, cross Werner off your list and find a company close to you.

4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    My list of complaints with Werner include sitting in that fleebag hotel for weeks with no car available to go so somewhere. Yes I said weeks in that hotel doing nothing but picking my nose wishing I was home. Went before Christmas, told fairy tales about getting on the road before the holiday, and still getting home for Christmas. Came back sat for two more weeks. Finally got a trainer, after being with him for a week, he told me he had home time. Since it was 3 weeks since I saw my wife and child I went home for a few days. When I returned I sat for two more weeks before I got another trainer.

This guy turned out to be a weirdo that blasted Britney spears and backstreet boys. He sprayed himself with woman's body wash, wore woman's hair accessories, smoked like a chimney. He also teamed me after the minimum hours and insisted I sleep during the day and drive 8p-8a even though I told him I was not going to be able to sleep during the day in a truck moving down the highway. After I almost fell asleep behind the wheel, I told him I refused to work on that schedule. He tried to get me kicked off the truck, he lost that battle.

By the time I got off the truck I was gone 8 weeks. The idea of only getting 34 hours home per week with my family did not appeal to me in the slightest. I passed everything but decided not to return after my home time. I was in a day cab weeks later and never looked back. Then I did dump truck, and now milk truck class a.

Werner sucked and the idea of living away from home was not appealing, however I will do my best to make a positive contribution to this industry. I did not set out to get a cdl and never use it. Yes it has been a struggle, getting local work as a new inexperienced driver, but it is possible. Even if it means driving dump trucks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Need4Speed and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  5. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    The grey dog is a joke, avoid at all costs.

6. DeeDeeKong

DeeDeeKong Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Virginia
    LOL!! You are right on the money... If I would of brought my car I would be home right now...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.