Major LTL top pay

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Renegade0311, Mar 10, 2019.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    So in other words, this guy O’Dell decided to piss off the workforce after a lawsuit. Good plan. :rolleyes:

That’s nothing collision mitigation systems can’t prevent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I wish they could prevent them from slamming on the brakes for the shadow of an underpass.

4. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Could you please provide a source on said accident and lawsuit? Funny how the $90 million lawsuit against Werner involving only the truck and a pickup truck which resulted in two deaths is all over the net, yet for the life of me I can't dig up anything on the $100 million lawsuit against Saia, now I was able to find per the Los Angeles County Times a 2007 accident involving Saia on the I 5 at a tunnel in Santa Clarita, accident resulted in 3 deaths and 23 injuries, however according to CHP reports stated in the times, the Saia truck veered into a concrete divider, CHP attributed the crash to speeding and possibly a leaking wheel seal on right side steer possibly causing insufficient braking, but the crash occurred in their words 5 football fields past the tunnel, and the collisions that resulted in the injuries and deaths were in the tunnel and happened approximately 5 minutes after the Saia accident, if this is the accident you are referring to, it no where near matches your description of it and nothing about a cell phone is even mentioned.

5. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    And no Rick O' Dell just didn't wake up one day and decide to install cameras in the trucks, that call was most likely made by Karla Staver the Director of Safety for Saia with Rick O' Dells approval.

brtecson Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good question now that you mention it, since this is the first I’ve heard of that.

7. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    That makes two of us, I think this one deserved some looking into.

8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I think they got a lower fleet insurance quote if they did, and the decision maker started looking at the longer yachts in the brochure as a result. Likely the installation cost didn't come from his dept budget but the savings boosted their bonus.

Then the long term effect of losing drivers came to pass. But that recruitment and training came out of another depts budget.

Only then did the C-suite begin to care, when their own bonuses were affected.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.