Making decisions

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by TripleSix, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I used to be so indecisive it would literally turn buying socks into a 15 minute decision with multiple touches and package readings. I'm dead serious.

Now that I'm older and a bit more of a 'man' than I used to be I'm extremely quick in my decisions and almost never change my mind, especially when questioned or being asked 'if I'm sure?'.

I trust myself to be right more than wrong and if I am, who cares I learned something.

Lav-25, sawmill, BigBob410 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    When I was 14 I went to work on a dairy farm while we didn’t have cows. I was there a while and I was in a field by myself several miles from the farm in a time before cellphones. Something went wrong which has long sense been forgotten and I wasn’t sure what to do because I didn’t want to screw up and had no way to get ahold of anyone so I did nothing. When the guy I worked for got there he questioned me and I told him I didn’t know what to do. He said your an intelligent young man and none of this is life or death, do from now on I want you to make a decision you think is best and go with it. I’ve never forgot that, to this day I assess the situation and go with it, problem is you do that enough times and people start saying just wait for JD to get here he’ll no what to do. After you make a decision and go with somebody will say “I thought about doing that” and I always say why didn’t you? I’ve always been one to make it happen and I attribute a lot of it back to being made responsible and being held responsible. Life is not near as complicated as people make it out to be.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    good advice there

Lav-25, Oxbow, sawmill and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    As a Canadian, that door dance can get pretty dicey. You've got two people almost arguing about who gets to hold the door for the other person.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Had a driver pulling a superload running down US 59 to Lufkin TX. Get to the loop and the pilot car says to go left. The driver says, “I thought we were to go west.” Pilot car said, “No, we go east.” And they went east and got stuck.

I talked to the driver about his preplan. He told me that he did it, but the pilot car’s words made him indecisive.

stwik, BigBob410 and sawmill Thank this.
  7. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    We just had dragonfruit.

2E04A199-026A-4668-B777-1D0909F850CA.jpeg

Texture much like a kiwi. Flavor like eating a mushy piece of granite.

I had a few avocados earlier, ahem. Far from fru-fru. They ain’t bad at all. Ain’t as good as the peach I had when I got home tho I tell you what.

Edit-
    Well now: this is the wrong thread lol

I’m decisive: I make a decision and dash in headlong. Right or wrong I rather do SOMETHING than nothing.

shogun, Lav-25, stwik and 9 others Thank this.
  8. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    Wait til you try Durian fruit. Your nose says rotted roadkill, your fingers say mush and your taste buds say... Hmmm.

Next time the instant decision is Nope.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The reason why I started this thread is obviously about driving. Being indecisive can get you in a bind when you’re 14 wide and there’s an obstacle on the shoulder. Indecisive people hesitate at the wrong time. You have to accustom the mind to be decisive.

It’s like going to eat in a nice restaurant and one person at the table is indecisive. That puts the rest of the dining party’s food on hold.

stwik, Zeviander, sawmill and 7 others Thank this.
  10. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

My sister brought some durian couple years back for a party. No thanks.

MagnumaMoose, Zeviander, SAR and 3 others Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Oh the struggles of daily life in the Great White North
    Xls4Gba.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.