Making the best of a bad cdl school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by dommac, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Forget about trucking, you should be a detective or a PI ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I hate to say it but maybe consider another school I hear some have bought contracts from one carrier to driver and pay for another maybe ask around and get your CDL that way be advise some these carriers require you sign a promissory note. Some carriers are now getting away from that while others pursue this even one of the biggest carrier in North America is trying to remove this to entice more people.

That does not mean they don't have ways to mess you as a driver up I won't mention names of carriers for good reason smearing can lead to lawsuits nothing is free anymore but as long you understand you will have to pay someone back you should be fine having a restriction is horrible people deep down have no clue what it really means you are limited what you can drive period. While I personally think automatics are a lot nicer having that restriction would be hard outside a mega carrier to get a job. most people go to mega carriers for a starting company get a foot in the door when I hear people getting a restriction I see that foot being slammed on by the door. I hope you find the fix soon

4. dommac

dommac Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Update: I left the trucking school and have consulted an attorney and found that the contract I signed and the transaction for tuition is illegal under Florida law. Can’t go into much details yet due to impending litigation, but for all of you out there that have been screwed over by a cdl school, free to pm me. This may become a class action case depending on how my creditors handle the chargebacks

SHOJim Thanks this.
  5. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Hope it goes well for you, people have no idea how hard it can be find another job outside mega carrier to with that restriction.

dommac Thanks this.
  6. dommac

dommac Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Just wanted to update everyone and give thanks again for all the good advice. I was successful with my chargeback despite a signed "no refund" contract with said CDL school and received back all $4,000. My word for anyone else in that situation; don't pay cash and don't let a shady trucking school screw you.

Orlandodriver and faux_maestro Thank this.
  7. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    I have a brother with Tourette’s syndrome..he talks to himself and can’t follow directions… this brings out hope .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.