MARIJUANA?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by youngGUN, Jan 19, 2009.

1. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Even if they keep pot illegal, which I don't think will go on for more than another decade as too many hippies are working their way up thru the ranks, HEMP needs to be re-classified...I won't even get into how much you can do with it, read The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer...Heck we could become oil independent and never cut down another tree growing it, as it stands, we have to import it from Canada and other countries and we used to be the #1 HEMP manufacturer in the world...It's a 100% renewable product that does 0 damage to the environment when grown...

And for those that don't know the difference, you'd have to smoke acres of hemp to get the same high as one joint of pot...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    You smoked a whole acre? ####! :biggrin_2559:

TheHealthyDriver Thanks this.
  4. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Haha, Jack Herer and The Emperor Wears No Clothes...you must have been a HighTimes reader.

5. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    Most don't. And why should they? Who cares about helping out drug users and pot heads? People lose focus of the big picture, and so they simply don't care.

When my major in college was in Law Enforcement, I had to choose a law and argue in favor of it. I chose arguing for marijuana laws. My professor threw us a curve ball and said "now that you have your subject, you must write the essay against the law you chose." A dirty little trick. But the more I looked into the subject, the more it blew my mind. Ever since that essay, I've been 110% for total legalization of marijuana. But most people are like you. It's a drug, it's bad, and since they don't use it, they don't care.

Even the healthiest of people get painful forms of cancer. Even healthy people can contract AIDS due to a mix up at the hospital. I can think of 1,000 reasons somebody would need a certain form of medication, such as a pain killer, even if they live the healthiest of lifestyles. And hey, if pot makes them feel better, go for it! What do I care? At least it isn't addictive like some of the ridiculously dangerous and addictive pain killers the pharmaceutical companies tell us to swallow. But don't worry, you can trust them. They're professionals.

I'm extremely healthy, and I'm an amazing multi-tasker. I count my calories during the day, then at night I come onto this message board and write about why I think marijuana should be legal. No, really. I can do BOTH! I'm superhuman.

In a sense, you're correct here. People usually don't go around telling strangers and co-workers that they smoke pot. It's all about context. Go to any Tom Petty concert and see if people are shy about the subject. Sit around with my personal circle of friends and see if they are embarrassed about it. It all just depends on the group of people, who you associate with, and the situation.

One thing is for sure, more people smoke pot than you probably realize. Your kids school teachers, the mailman, your dentist, your co-workers, maybe even some of your friends and family smoke it. But they might not be comfortable telling you about it. It would do them no good. The majority of pot smokers, believe it or not, are hard working people just like non-smokers. If I had the choice, I'd probably smoke a zero calorie, hangover free, less addictive alternative to alcohol. But since I don't have the choice, I choose to drink. Either way, I'd be a productive tax paying citizen.

Most people care about our freedoms in this country. When the government wants to pat us down at the airport to check for weapons, we go crazy. That violates our rights! Yet, when the government controls what you can or can't put into your own body, it's no big deal.

I'm starting to get on a tangent here, so I'll force myself to end with this...

True freedom is the ability to make both good decisions AND bad decisions. Smoking marijuana might not be a good decision (either is drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes). But if I'm truly free, I should be allowed to decide for myself whether I want to use it or not. I don't need a "Drug Czar" telling me what I can and put into my own body recreationally. I'm fully capable of deciding that for myself, and I don't elect my officials to make those kind of decisions for me.

TheHealthyDriver and 2fuzy Thank this.
  6. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Reader?...Heck, I was featured in it in 84 or 85(can't remember which year exactly) for the high tech indoor garden we had back in the day...Once I had a kid in 88 we had to quit that stuff...

U4EA Thanks this.
  7. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    If more people understood the difference between weed and booze they wood ban booze and and make weed legal! God Created Cannibis, Opium, Cocoa and hundreds of natural herbs with natural healing benefits. It is the fools who abuse these fruits of the Earth. When humans first injested psychoactive herbs it had a purpose but eventually that lead to recreational use and mis-mis. It wasn't classified as a schedule 2 controlled substance until the after fear and widespread propaganda was used by the government to take away our right to use and civil liberty to grow.

travelfraggle Thanks this.
  8. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Haha - that's awesome!

9. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pisto...N5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtZWRpY2FsbWFyaWo-

10. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
  11. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    coming from a non pothead, yes, marijuana should absolutely be legal

the government sticks their nose in way too many places it should not be....good people are serving time or facing all kinds of court costs and probation because they made the decision to smoke a little pot

is it harmless? absolutely not...but why should the government decide what we do? where does it end?

2fuzy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.