Market forces already work

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Jacoooooooo, May 6, 2022.

1. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    I can agree with this whole heartedly. As a mechanic, the EGR system never made sense to me, but since it was government required, we had no choice. :( The SCR is what should have been the system instead of catalytic converters and EGR valves. With the catalytic converter we exchanged lead on the roads for sulphuric acid.....now you know why the roads deteriorate faster than they used to. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    You know, it might be easier to convert the van to a tanker since you've already got some material to work with...

4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    BS. Just imagine how efficient engines could now be if all the resources applied to meeting emission standards had been used to strictly improve efficiency.

Blue jeans, Jammer', Nostalgic and 9 others Thank this.
  5. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Oxbow, they don't want you using fossil fuels at all...follow the bouncing bozos. :) Besides that, I'm not sure if that would be in the territory of diminishing returns. We know that diesel is a better fuel to power option, as it wouldn't fuel 80,000 lb vehicle loads if it was a substandard fuel type, but in that regard, it might also be hitting a wall where it can't be any more efficient....cheaply. :(

GYPSY65 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  6. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I ended up pulling a set of flatdeck/tankers for a while after somebody had an idea like that. Sometimes you can tell something was engineered on napkins at the nudie bar just looking at it.

7. KrumpledTed

KrumpledTed Medium Load Member

May 6, 2022
    Scania has been working without EGR for years now on some engines. Their latest V8s do not have EGR either. Hopefully we can get a generation of non-EGR engines stateside soon.

Blue jeans, Speed_Drums and CAXPT Thank this.
  8. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    The only cotton picking thing EGR is good for is a power plant with a reheater. Definitely not a rig.

Speed_Drums and CAXPT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.