Marten Driver (currently)

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Skogie, Sep 2, 2006.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    When coming in for hometime its always a pain trying to get your personal vehicle out because halif the time its blocked in. The place is a real cluster f###.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. swestdawg

swestdawg Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Tucson Az
    OK I am a seasoned driver of 8 years, I want to hear from the people currently working at marten, as I was prehired. I want to know actual miles per week. etc.

4. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Just go someplace else. Marten is a waste of time.

skibum_63 Thanks this.
  5. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Ditto that...don't even bother going to orientation. Marten needs to change out those "be" decals on their trailer doors, for "wor" decals instead. The "be" in "best" is good for a chuckle though! :biggrin_25514:

skibum_63 Thanks this.
  6. jimboslice

jimboslice Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    does martin maintain there trucks well or just get by with what they need to do?

7. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    they do an alright job. The big complaint here, youmake your service appoinment request 24 hrs in advance, you can end up sitting for days at the location you entered for service.
    The best shop is out in Portland. In out under 5 hrs last time i had to go to a shop for work.

8. jimboslice

jimboslice Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Good I just bought one of there KW t600. I'm going to GA. to pick it up on the 31st.
    Thanks for the info.

9. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    You probably made a good choice buying from Marten. Randy takes pride in his equipment, including all his Harleys. That pride's sort of "in the air" at Marten. The equipment tends to receive good care.

10. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah, "thirding" that. We might wait around for service like schmucks, but the trucks and trailers get taken care of...especially when they come in for trade. The shop in Mondovi goes over the "to sell" trucks with a fine tooth comb.

11. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Looking for information concerning life with Marten. Info like starting CPM, benefits, do all have APU's, home time, slip seat or not, rider policy, etc. I know their website has all this stuff. But, I would rather get the straight skinny from those who know--the driver. Thanks oh yes, working relationship as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.