Marten Transport Bozzutos

Discussion in 'Marten' started by LongHauler875, Nov 8, 2015.

1. LongHauler875

LongHauler875 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Good evening fellow driver's. I'm still seeking a descent outfit to get out from this greedy owner operator that I work for. I spoke with a Marten recruiter about Bozzutos dedicated coming out of Cheshire Ct. She claimed that its mostly DC to DC transfers but I wanted to try and get the real deal from any of you guys familiar with the company and that account.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    i go to Bozzuttos in CT,not Cheshire tho,just stareted forget the town.Nice people it seems and a big DC,

LongHauler875 Thanks this.
  4. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    I appreciate that. It sounds like a descent account she said its mostly shuttle loads starting pay 0.42cpm. Are you actually on that Bozzutos dedicated?

5. mpow66m

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    no i work for Greenline Logistics/Apio.

6. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Well just a little update. After talking with the account manager it seems to be more than shuttle loads between DC's. There's quite a bit of going to these stores then pulling palletized product off and putting it away. I'm not crazy about being a driver/lumper. Their OTR division sounds descent from what I heard. May just go with that for now.

7. mpow66m

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    you have to break the produce down which is easy,5lb boxes of greenbeans is the heavyiest.but youll end up waiting for hours for the checker.

LongHauler875 Thanks this.
  8. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    I'm debating whether or not to take the job . The stops wouldn't bother me at all but I'm just not crazy about touching freight. Heaven forbid if I slip or hurt myself on one of there docks in the first 90 days. So your company does deliveries to stores for Bozzutos too?

9. mpow66m

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    no we go to Bozzuttos directly.You can get hurt in the 1st 90 days in any job,dont let that dissuade you.

10. Nighthawk325

Nighthawk325 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Slinging produce isn't that bad. It could be meat lol. They still paying $75 for slinging freight there or is it flat rate being dedicated?

11. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Yeah that's a good point. I'm doing ltl now for a owner op and he's getting out of the trucking business so I definitely have to make a move somewhere. I'm the duration of my career I've only had a few jobs and just want to make a sound descion. Marten sounds like a descent outfit with plenty of freight. Nobodies perfect I guess its our attitude that makes the difference a lot of times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.