Marten Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by flyinhawaiian, May 2, 2011.

1. flyinhawaiian

flyinhawaiian Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    Any other drivers with Marten Transport being asked to get loaded/ unloaded, or eto move their tractor under 10 mph during sleeper berth or 10 hour break? I have been told to do this via the qualcomm. This is illegal and I would like to file a complaint or seek legal advice or reprsentation. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    If it's on the qualcomm, go to the team lead with your complaint, also to safety. Go right on up to Operations Manager if you need to.

How far are you being asked to go? There is a certain assumption that, if there's parking on site, you get out of the customer's door when you're empty. Or, likewise, if you're parked on site, you get into a door even if you're outside of your hours.

However, if you're being asked to travel public streets and roads under 10 mph in order to go some distance into a shipper or receiver, that's stupid.

CA_Medicine_Woman Thanks this.
  4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why not just call your safety/compliance dept and ask instead of getting your panties all in a wad.

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    maybe its time for you to give up truckin' and go get a job at taco bell.

6. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    So you mean to tell me you don't dare move from the dock to a on site parking area?
    If your on the cust property there shouldn't be a problem. I have done often and still have no violations. And if need be go to LINE 5 OFF DUTY DRIVING, and add comment, moving to on site parking.
    Actully it's 7 mph. Anything above will switch you over to driving as per Ernie from the shop at Chester, when he installed my new qc.

7. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Yeah smart idea....NOT!

ANY dispatcher that tells me to wake up and drive at 10MPH or below on ANY street or road while I'm logged off duty is nothing but a complete moron! and can pretty much drag his sorry arse to where ever I'm parked and drive it himself! Ain't happening!

Your silly arsed remark was about as useless as those female parts on a boar hog. Worth nothing!

Where do you people come up with brain dead ideas like this??

8. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Well said!

9. dwayne

dwayne Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I think before we get too far ahead of our-self's it should be noted he never said if the message meant for him to move the truck across a parking lot or down the road. Those are two completely different animals. Let us no forgot there is such a thing as personal drive time for our e-logging friends.

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think the OP suggesting getting 'legal advise and representation' has already taken this to the next level.

Have you spoken to your company about this yet??? If so what did they say???

11. digger_423

digger_423 Light Load Member

May 3, 2011
    Whatever you do, make sure you are covered legally in case of one of those "AW-SHOOTS" that happen. I've seen drivers pull out of a dock at a customer to move to on-site parking, only to hit a fixed object. Now they've had an accident while not actually showing driving. Scrambled to fix the log, but they knew to cover themselves and avoid problems. If it had happened pulling out of a customer dock onto a street, different story. There's going to be an accident report and the police will be involved. Not all police are trained and knowledgable about Hours of Service Regulations and what is allowed. And do you think they're going to listen to you? Not in a million years. Most will write that ticket and let you, your lawyers, and the judge sort it out. It's all a sticky situation. Would be nice if 1 agency (USDOT, US Supreme Court, etc) just handed down a clear-cut ruling and said, "Live with it." We would know where we stand then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.