Marten Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by papaov9, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Stiffarsedbrit

Stiffarsedbrit Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Denver, CO

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wbyers2

wbyers2 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2010
    yea dont ever believe that marten will do something in interest of the driver, if u do you will be only fooling yourself.

4. hotpeper

hotpeper Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    festus mo.
    marten dont care about a driver they hire to many everyday to take the place of the one they dont like if u complain about the truck not running right and they dont fix it u tell them again and they get mad at u and tell u to take it like it is then something happens to the truck and they blame u and then fire u over it not a good company to work for beware

5. hotpeper

hotpeper Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    festus mo.
    yes they have a job to do but they also need to make time for the driver that has a problem to help the driver with the problem if they can not to brush him off for hrs.

6. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Marten, like most mega's view the driver as a necessary evil. If they could replace every driver with someone from a third world country and a work visa, they would do it in a heart beat. I would say that the person from another country would work for less than an American trucker, but I don't think you can make less than the chicken feed that passes as a "paycheck" now.

7. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    Agreed, though I was hardly qualified to judge that particular repair. After I healed, I did have someone show me how to check that particular item for improper installation or operation, so I would never go through that 2 year nightmare ever again.

It cost my employer $42,000 plus medical and lawyers, and put me out of work for two years (ruining my credit), for an $11 seat belt repair that was not done properly. I was way lucky, it could have been much worse for everyone all the way around.

8. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ok, OK! This is a simple case of not being told the whole story by a pissed off driver. Reading between the lines it is very apparent that this driver is very selective on the details he wants us to know. So the post has to be taken with a grain of salt and he is just lashing out, picking up his ball and running home. And no, I am not a Marten driver or have any affiliation with them.

9. greaterbaatezu

greaterbaatezu Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Umm... Even *I* don't have a whole lot of nice things to say about Marten since they let Christine Senti get away (best FM on the planet in this driver's opinion), but DUDE, you couldn't tell what a broken axle looks like? Stress fracture maybe (since they REFUSE to pay for a blue beacon, which leaves the trailers FILTHY for months at a time) could cover it up until it was too late, but wouldnt there be axle grease EVERYWHERE with a fracture in it?

10. dumpinmack

dumpinmack Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2010
    GA
    Marten must be a great company, I've never seen the people on this forum so defensive. I see a lot of threads talking about how bad they are but they aren't usually defended so strongly

11. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Looneytune dude left them. Red font guy has not posted defending them in a long time so I would say he left them also. Marten does suck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.