marten transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wbyers2, Jan 12, 2010.

1. banjer picker

banjer picker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Cookeville,TN

Having dealt with a lot of dumb bureacracy in the past that would never, ever, never fix something that they are clearly shown to be wrong, I think it might reflect well on Marten that they did go back and try to make it right for benham

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dukeofearl

dukeofearl Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Orygun
    Post removed by Mastertech for being inflammatory.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    Dna Mach Thanks this.
  4. dukeofearl

Aug 29, 2008
    Orygun
    Thanks for the kind words, Telcobilly.

After it was too late I realized I should have added, in fairness, that probably all carriers will have to defer some maintenence to save overhead costs while they are struggling for survival in this serious recession, and so the stats will drop with many carriers, not just Marten. I didn't mean to single out Marten alone for ridicule.

Also, the word on this thread is that Marten is in the process of changing over to electronic logs, and this should result in a very good driver score next time the stats are updated. Fingers crossed.

BTW, I really liked your quote about trucking being the most regulated de-regulated industry, LMAO !! :biggrin_25514:

5. dukeofearl

Aug 29, 2008
    Orygun
    Thanks for the update benham. And it is most impressive that you took the time to set the record straight here with your update. Kudos to you.

6. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Ladies and gentlemen, personal attacks are HIGHLY FROWNED UPON on these boards... in any way, shape or form, and they better stop NOW!

Mastertech Thanks this.
  7. dukeofearl

Aug 29, 2008
    Orygun
    Speaking of which, I notice that moderator Mastertech has removed my post #282 on this thread for being inflammatory. I had posted a fairly good flame on a troll who had posted a short intense personal attack on me with post #273 on this thread. I say troll, because the member only had 4 posts, and 3 of them were short intense personal attacks against various members on various threads. Post #273 on this thread by the troll still stands however. You have a troll sanctuary here. You may not see it, but try posting on topic on this thread and see what happens. I have monitored this thread for quite some time, wondering if it was for real, if such a thread could really exist against so many advertising dollars from carriers. I think this forum fails due to trolls. Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining, I 'm just saying that for ANY forum to succeed, it needs a following, and to have a following you have to either ban trolls or allow open season on trolls. I prefer open season, but that's just me. I like to forum with hard working drivers. I don't hang with trolls. But that's just me. I won't lose sleep over it, but I am outa here.

[​IMG]

8. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.

You're right Duke, I did remove your post, and with good reason.
    Your post was nothing but an inflammatory response that was designed to do nothing more than incite an angry reply. It's not your job to deal with "trolls"..... there is a report a post function built into the software so you can report questionable posts to the moderators and we can review these posts and take whatever action we deem as necessary.

In case you are not familiar with the report a post feature, it is the little triangle with the exclamation point in the middle of it, it is located at the upper right corner of every post. Don't hesitate to use it, we are more than happy to deal with any concerns you or other members may have.

GuysLady, blade and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I agree. Lets succede and start our own country...i mean forum.

10. NoFool

NoFool Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2010
    :biggrin_25516:All of your points are true and valid! I work for marten as I am writing this blog! You are correct about detention, loading/unloading, low miles, VERY BAD ATTITUDE from ALL employees at Mondovi, WI. I hope that this is not the attitude from WI. I think it may be because they have to kie to the drivers so much! I am going to stick with them for the duration of the six months at least. I will be sure to turn the equipment into a terminal and get a signed release on it as well. I would suggust this to ALL drivers who plan on leaving this company, now or in the future. Money breeds greed...the more you have the more you want or steal from those who help make you well off. I agree Kabar is an internal worker, "NO DOUBT ABOOT!!!" LOL!!!Give it up! As far as the scales, no solid hometime, getting stuck on loads with pushed out deliveries, no pay for sweeping out trailers, doing yard checks, all true...Haven't been here long enough to learn ALL THE BAD THINGS, but will try & keep you people posted, as I learn....

11. MnkyBizz

MnkyBizz Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Food for thought policy is when in bad weather shut down you continued on in bad weather an recieved damage to transmission with 21yrs experience? Are the two connected, was the damaged caused by being out there in bad weather that would normaly not have occured under normal weather conditions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.