Mask required when entering Canada and while in transit?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by tinytim, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Lucky S

Lucky S Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Badanas work you just have to have your whole face below the eyes (like your going to rob a bank) covered

magoo68 and tinytim Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lucky S

Lucky S Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Should mention we cross everyday. And the requirements seem to change daily

4. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    I crossed earlier today at Ft. Erie. CUstoms officer in the booth told me the masks are for when we need to go inside any of their buildings.....we’re ok without in our trucks.

but yes, she also commented on how it all changes almost daily.

tinytim Thanks this.
  5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    And that’s the same with us customs. That makes more sense, but the total opposite of what our trucking association put out.

tinytim Thanks this.
  6. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    When I crossed last night I got the latest handout and it says nothing about masks.

I've started wearing one anyway when approaching customs. The closest I've been to anyone, other than my wife, in the last while is when I'm at the customs booth.

I'm surprised they aren't wearing masks though they usually only open the window a bit and keep the glass between us.

upnorthwpg Thanks this.
  7. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Just spoke with the supervisor at Emerson. No mask required at both or dealing with officers. Apparently a provincial requirement, that they do not enforce.

tinytim Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    However when flying to and from masks are required I think.

I keep a few masks myself only for going out into public. I might just pick up a mil surplus face mask and call it good.

9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I like peanut butter.

magoo68 and Down the road Thank this.
  10. kaf

kaf Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Montreal Canada
    There are many drivers who don't and wiil never understand the specifics of Covid 19.
    HIV or Aids as example, when you use toilet after infected person at the Truck Stop there will be no problem becouse, most of viruses won't survive long outside the host. Unfortunately Covid 19 loves the plastic, metal, etc and seat on it for more than 24 hr. Most drivers thinks that thay are in the cabin all the time, and exposure is minimal but if you in the truck stop as example and after using washroom you did wash your hands but you are opening the outside doors where 100 truckers where touching the handle before you. Let's say assuming that you have gloves, but if you didn't spray them with 99%, alcohol, you have virus in the cabin and it will seat for long. There are many truckers in NY infected becouse thay shared trucks as fuel truck drivers or any shift guys.
    The problem with virus is that in many cases not only lungs can suffer for longer time but kidneys as well that's I'm afraid the most. If you die you dead but with kidney disorder.
    PS.
    I was wearing mask, (but had to take off :) at border) from January which many people thought that I'm stupid and cleaned my fast card with alcohol becouse customs are touching all of them and giving you back.
    By the way driving and using the mask without stopping that's nonsense.

11. peterd

peterd Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    St.Catharines ON
    I asked a Customs Officer at Queenston on Wednesday when I crossed about the mask requirement. He said that if I was not wearing a mask before I got to the booth, he had the authority to order a 14 day quarantine effective at the Customs compound. Furthermore he was telling me that if a driver purchased anything that was not essential, that driver could violate the essential worker provision and be ordered to quarantine. Just putting it out there. The Canadian Health Agency has mandated the wearing of a mask by anyone coming into Canada. Some Customs Officers will enforce it.

kaf and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.