Masks?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 4, 2020.

1. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I had avoided clicking on this thread and after reading about 5 posts I will not click on it again. :biggrin_25513:

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If you happen to come back, look for this thread in Political

austinmike and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You catch that MSNBC interview of them trying to get a bunch of pediatricians to say they don't want schools to open this year?

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Sounds like you're bringing politics into something unrelated to politics. This is biology and virology. Not political science.

6. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    Because pediatricians are a bunch of uneducated hillbillies?

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    No.

8. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Colorado isn't the only state, every single state with large counts has been forced to do this. Also, in many states, not all, but in many, the "ICU shortage" isn't really a thing, it's made up. On Feb. 11th, my wife had knee replacement, on May 5th, she had a knee manipulation procedure to break up scar tissue. While at the hospital for the procedure, I was talking to the nurse, they had converted an entire floor to ICU for the thought to be surge, as of May 5th, they never used more then 1/3rd the designated floor, in fact for most of the time, they only used 1/4 of it. The administrator for the hospital was interviewed where a went on about how full the hospital was about a week before she had this procedure. Hmmm, someone's lying. As dangerous, contagious as this supposedly is, why do I drive by hospitals on a daily basis and see nurses and workers clustered together in the smoking area having a smoke? BTW, one of the "normal" groups with the highest infection rate nurses, the people who are supposed to wearing all the gear, who are supposed to be protected, yet they have one of the highest rates.

9. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I can literally show you hundreds of hospital workers in large groups, smoking, not wearing masks, not social distancing. Why? If this illness is so bad, why then are hospitals not banning all smoking on hospital grounds and prohibiting staff from congregating at all? One of the dumbest comments I saw recently, a woman said she wears a mask even while walking her dog on a secluded trail. She said she walks this trail every day for the last 3 years, that in 3 years she's only encountered one person. When asked why she was wearing a mask while on this trail, she said because it's the rules. Got it, she's a sheep.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  10. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Something to consider. Since 2000, every summer, Colorado has a mock mass casualty drill in the Denver area, working with multiple jurisdictions to make sure everyone is well trained, well equipped, well stocked. Well stocked, hmm, based on comments from the Colorado Dept. of Public Health and the Gov. back in March and April, apparently, no one has ever bothered to crack open the state storerooms during all these mock drills and go "WHAT IF?"

One of my friends is a former Denver General Paramedic, as well as being part of the FEMA rapid response EMS system (any time there is a natural disaster: hurricane, flood, earthquake or mass casualty event 9/11 he is part fo the first wave of non local EMS responders. In the event of a hurricane, he is part of the pre-responders, generally staging 3 days before land fall). Back in April I posted comment on FB, asking why the state has never bothered to stockpile these supplies in light of these mock drills. My friend commented, this question has been asked multiple times, and multiple times those in charge have assured everyone that the state stockpiles a 4 month supply of urgent medical supplies. Apparently, someone is lying.

One of our customers is MEDLINE, one of the largest medical supply companies in Colorado. I've been in their warehouse many times, of "urgent" medical supplies: bandages, masks, gowns, sutures and non urgent: adult diapers, etc., they typically only have room for a 7 to 10 day supply on hand for normal use. The question of in-house supplies was asked on the radio one day, a guy called into the show, claimed to have been head of supply for one of the hospitals, he was told they never kept more than a 3 day supply on hand, and anything more than that was considered a waste.

11. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I didn't know pediatricians were a political organization, or where you saying MSNBC is a political organization?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.