Masks?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 4, 2020.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    What's the detriment of wearing a mask again? N95 can make it a bit harder to breathe, but that's it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What's the detriment of wearing a football helmet everywhere you go again, you might hit your head you know and concussions are no fun.

clausland, tommymonza and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Better worn in ignorance than not worn in ignorance.

5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I use social distancing for the most part, and then throw on a mask when that's impossible. I've read the CDC's thoughts on it, so it seems like the conscientious choice.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You don't intend to have a wreck but you put that seatbelt on every day don't you?

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    FWIW, Governor made it official last night, anyone entering a public place, has to have a mask, or it's considered trespassing, and the business could lose it's license. So now, they CAN turn you away.

9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    If masks are the answer, then why as part of the mandate did he not allow every closed business to reopen? Coffman of Aurora made the same comment about how small businesses are telling him they need this mandate to stay open, and yet, many of the businesses that said this, have no problem being open, and the ones that need to open, bars, theaters, etc., are still prohibited from reopening. Further, Polis has extended the "state of emergency" 4 times, which allows him basically dictatorial power. This mask mandate expires on August 16th, some how, I doubt it will expire and he along with Hancock will figure out a way to continue it.

I'm on vacation for the next week, my thoughts on it, I'll wear one when I go to my Dr appointment on Monday, otherwise, I won't wear one, but, then again, I have no plans to go any place the next week, nor do I plan to spend any money. I will need groceries towards the end of the week, those will be ordered for pickup. I may or may not drive for Lyft this next week, and again I will not wear one, and I won't expect my riders to wear one, if they do, fine, if they don't fine, if they refuse to ride because I'm not wearing one, fine. Frankly, at this point, I'm tired of the BS, lets go back to my above comment, if masks are so important, why then are hospitals and other "essential" businesses that are requiring them, not prohibiting employees from congregating in groups larger than 4, and not staying at least 6 ft apart, why are the allowing smoking. Two weekends ago while driving for Lyft, there was a group of 5 airline employees hanging out behind the closed SW Airlines curbside baggage check smoking, they thought they were hidden from view, not a one was wearing a mask, the area would normally have 3 to 4 people staffing it, there were 5. The same with the cabbies, 7 cabbies, not a one with a mask covering their face standing in a group smoking, this included the person who runs the cab stand. Even the security guards who monitor traffic flow, both had masks around their necks, and not a single person enforcing things. What's wrong with this picture?

TokyoJoe and 201 Thank this.
  10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What about cell phones? I'm sure we've all read about how nasty the average cell phone is, how many times a day does the CDC recommend sanitizing those? I know I haven't heard anybody suggest people stop using cell phones.

11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I hear ya', bound to ruffle some feathers. Like I say, such foolishness. I have an old mask my daughter made for me, crumpled in my back pocket, full of germs, but it gets me in the door. LEO's even said, it will be tough to enforce, as the cops won't do anything. Such BS, and I can't understand the motive here. Cases in certain states, allegedly spiked to an all time one day high, tens of thousands, and not a complete shutdown of society until this is fixed? I can't understand who would benefit from this, except someone hell bent on taking our society down and sure looks like it worked. My brother and SIL ( age 67) went to a family gathering, maybe 100 people, most all 30-40 YO's, my brother and SIL were the ONLY ones with a mask. I live on the Arkansas River, and it's business as usual, rafting, ( 5-6 /raft) no masks, I think, people's economic situation has forced many to say, "hey, we're screwed anyway, may as well make a buck", and the people are lined up to go. Time will tell and will probably go down as the blunder of the century.
    And yes, cell phones have more germs than a toilet seat, but generally, you don't pass a cell around. It's keypads, gas pump handles, door handles, shopping carts, stuff we all touch, that's the problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.